The 20 Best Hacker Movies

Infiltrator

Nothing exactly like it but might I suggest.

The Conversation

The Heist

3 Days of the Condor

Nice will give them a try.

Cheers dude.

I would like to add one more that I watched last night:

--Law Abiding Citizen

Epic in a technological POV in that NOWHERE in this movie is there anything that cannot be done in real life. The only thing that probably can't be done is the exact string of events in the movie, and IMHO, besides the pointless killing that happened (to the people that really didnt quite deserve it I would guess by my point of view) I have to say I REALLY like his style (like.. what would you do if that happened to your family?)

:X

Fucking Awesome Movie; but you have to basically shoot that annoying part of your head that looks for every unrealistic thing in any movie. Still fucking awesome (more of a movie that doesn't care to much about an easy flowing plot etc)

Die Hard 4 is enjoyable. At least nmap's Fyodor was consulted for the hacking there, and nmap is used in the opening sequence, though he says his input didn't make the hacking any more realistic.

A few more:

23 - biographical movie based on a German hacker

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - girl hacker is not to be fucked with

Moscow Chill - blackhat living in Russia

Pi - mindfuck

The Score wins for having the most ridiculous, retarded hacker caricature in movie history. I laugh every time he's on screen.

Man I downloaded Sneakers like night and I reckon it was a hell of a movie. Does any one know any other movie like Sneakers or a similar movie.

War Games was written by the same people

Die Hard 4 is enjoyable. At least nmap's Fyodor was consulted for the hacking there, and nmap is used in the opening sequence, though he says his input didn't make the hacking any more realistic.

A few more:

23 - biographical movie based on a German hacker

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - girl hacker is not to be fucked with

Moscow Chill - blackhat living in Russia

Pi - mindfuck

The Score wins for having the most ridiculous, retarded hacker caricature in movie history. I laugh every time he's on screen.

War Games was written by the same people

Ya Live Free or Die Hard really got me into the series (which upon watching the others (and realizing I saw one of them already) I realized that Die Hard 4 was the worst (same with Star Wars) ) and it also got me more into computers (even before seeing Die Hard 4 I knew the hacking was BS) (though I was already interested in computers)

The Japanese film Battle Royale deserves notable mention.

To keep the rebellious youth under control each year a class of roughly 15-year olds is selected to be sent to a deserted island. Each kid is given an exploding necklace and a pack containing a bit of food and water, a map and a very random weapon. They are told that they need to kill ALL other kids in their class within 3 days or the game defaults and all the necklaces will explode meaning nobody survives.

The movie is disconcerting because the 15-year olds are for the most part played by actual 15-year olds. Those random weapons vary between automatic weapons, a shotgun, handguns, a piece of rope, a magic hand held fan (with the added problem that, since there is no magic, all you have is a paper fan. Not great when the kid coming your way has an Uzi), a clothes hanger and regular boxing gloves.

As for hacking, of course there's a whiz kid in the game with half-decent skills who tries to hack both the control center as well as the necklace. The novel goes into a bit more depth (hey, I admitted I loved this movie) but in the movie you can see a block of nmap code scrolling across the screen (which he is of course typing on the fly).

Go see it. The premise is gruesome, but the message is great.

YES good movie, some good hacking as to where they disable the playing field and stop them from randomly exploding, and yes it is a very bloody movie

Pi - mindfuck

Pi was in fact a pretty wild mindbender. After I watched I was all like, OK! I have GOT to make a C++ Pi proggie! So I did.. Wow I had no idea how long it took to get 1/4 the numbers that guy in the movie had. Now I see why Pi is such a magical type of thing. Also neat to see it counting down. I see why but it's just not something your used to seeing in a calculation.

Nothing exactly like it but might I suggest.

The Conversation

The Heist

3 Days of the Condor

Oh, you can suggest good movies here..... :P

# 12) Hackers (1995)

Well, this story was really weak, and the hacking scenes were nowhere near reality. But you have to watch this just to say you did. Plus: Angelina Jolie is reason enough for some males to rent this.

There were only two good parts to that movie. They were both on Angie's chest.

Edited by barry99705

I would like to add one more that I watched last night:

--Law Abiding Citizen

Epic in a technological POV in that NOWHERE in this movie is there anything that cannot be done in real life. The only thing that probably can't be done is the exact string of events in the movie, and IMHO, besides the pointless killing that happened (to the people that really didnt quite deserve it I would guess by my point of view) I have to say I REALLY like his style (like.. what would you do if that happened to your family?)

:X

I didn't find any hacking scenes in this movie, but apart from the extreme violence it was a good movie.