Latest Snubs Report

will-wtf

In the example she used, yes, maybe. But in any environment that has serious data it would be to limited. 2 GB isn't much.

You're also relying on dropbox.com being, up. Allwaysync especially in SMB or even Enterprise is only limited by your own storage and connectivity.

Back up tapes are the way to go. No need to rely on an external source for back up of your info. In addition you can also keep the backup offsite just in case, something horribly goes wrong.

But I do like the idea behind dropbox.

Edited by Infiltrator

I use the 2 gigs of Dropbox for files that im currently using and i have usb drives and a home nas for the rest

I've been for a long time looking for a synchronizing utilily that works as advertized. And I am really happy with what DropBox does. I just installed on my home computer and as well as in my office computer to synchronize the data in between and it hasn't let down since then.

Edited by Infiltrator

magnetic fail :)

they have their weaknesses

im sure a 1tb solid state drive would be more reliable

What if the building catches on fire and destroy all the hardware. Good luck in retrieve the information back. I still rather use backup tapes, and plus you can keep them off site and secured in case the worse happens.