Grooveshark Song Dl

Brandon

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you'll observe, attempting to stream (or download) songs from the unmodified branch redirects you to the akamai domain.

http://akamai.grooveshark.com/128/23110128...e7e5c8554f7471b

Where __gda__ is your session code, I assume.

My patch quickly fixes this by getting the URL from the redirect code and streaming from that instead.

Edited by DarkStar851

If you'll observe, attempting to stream (or download) songs from the unmodified branch redirects you to the akamai domain.

http://akamai.grooveshark.com/128/23110128...e7e5c8554f7471b

Where __gda__ is your session code, I assume.

My patch quickly fixes this by getting the URL from the redirect code and streaming from that instead.

Actually, the more popular songs are served from akamai, and the rest are served from the stream server on grooveshark

EDIT: About the player, I was planning on using this player

http://www.happyworm.com/jquery/jplayer/la...loper-guide.htm

which is HTML5 based, and turns into a flash player on browsers that dont HTML5

Edited by Brandon

Should probably provide a patch... and link to original script. Thats kinda what GPL is about.

Also, isnt having a streaming player like that sorta redundant? i thought the script was about downloading songs...

Edit: I guess you can download, pretty nice actually. You have to click on the song name

Edited by Xqtftqx

Should probably provide a patch... and link to original script. Thats kinda what GPL is about.

Also, isnt having a streaming player like that sorta redundant? i thought the script was about downloading songs...

Edit: I guess you can download, pretty nice actually. You have to click on the song name

I gave him commit access to SVN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very slick, painless death. Has anyone worked around the cut-off that stream.php seems to be causing? Songs seem to be dropping off with 10-15 seconds left. No idea what's causing it. :(

Also: My site's down due to a conflict of interest with my Internet Service Provider, I can run my server, but it's on a bandwidth restriction. I'm upgrading the home plan pretty soon, and it should be up in a week or two.

Edited by DarkStar851

Very slick, painless death. Has anyone worked around the cut-off that stream.php seems to be causing? Songs seem to be dropping off with 10-15 seconds left. No idea what's causing it. :(

i faced the same problem

my client does now everything that firefox also does, even fetch the damn google ads via JS (and all pngs) - and it works now

im sure thats something with their ban policy as it looks like many people are trying to write their own client (ok, i have done this too :) )

€dit: btw. is it allowed to post my own client here? it can download songs, so im not sure if this is legal??

€dit#2: here it is

Edited by kaputtmacher

Also: My site's down due to a conflict of interest with my Internet Service Provider, I can run my server, but it's on a bandwidth restriction. I'm upgrading the home plan pretty soon, and it should be up in a week or two.

I think what is causing it is not including the content length header in the stream.php file

Why are you including so many libraries?

because htmlunit does everything i need (calling the .js, etc.) and htmlunit needs them

i tried to do it with webkit and gecko, but both require a recompile for windows and linux, and thats not what i wanted

so im using htmlunit which needs all these dependencies

when i have time i will clean them because most parts are not neccessary

if you dont care about getting banned, you only need httpclient (create the gui with swing, and use the string functions for the json stuff and send this to the server)

I merged the unstable and stable versions, I commited it to the branches folder on SVN, I just need some people to test it and find any bugs

EDIT: The problem with the songs not playing all the way through is a server/client problem, if you use wget or Windows Media Player to play the song, it plays all the way through, but if you use something like an iPhone, it wont play all the way through, I think the way to fix it is to send a Content-Length header, because Wireshark shows the iPhone not downloading the whole song

Another Edit: I think I fixed the problem where the songs wouldn't stream completely, and also uploaded the iPhone version

Edited by Brandon

• 3 weeks later...

SHAMELESS BUMP

I ported my Java-version of Groovesnipe over to my Tomcat server (a simple rewrite using JSP) to see how it'd work out.

Short answer: pretty well. I've got it deployed here: http://freedom.it.cx:8080/groovesnipeTheWorld/

And all the music is streamed (or downloadable) from a basic edna python server (thanks for the shoutout Darren, great script!) here: http://freedom.it.cx:8180/groovesnipe/

I've sorted all the tracks in this format: <artist name>/<song name> for ease of use, and I'm working on a template for both the JSPs and edna as well.

If anyone want's the source, PM me, it's a little messy and it's not really something I'd like to publish.

Also; if anyone knows how to make an Apache rule that forwards /groovesnipe to the :8080 server, and /music to the :8180 server, let me know, it'd be extremely helpful.

Edited by DarkStar851