MK2: Updated Jasager Setup Guide

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've been tinkering around with this for about 6 hours trying to learn how to do this on my own, but it's not happening. I've successfully flashed the pineapple, but when I get to the step where I need to ping google, I get nothing. could someone give me some pointers?

• 2 months later...

Do these instructions still work for the fon 2201 that run 1.1.0 r2? I tried downloading fonflash from gargoyle. I didn't find the openwrt-atheros-root.squashfs, or openwrt-atheros-xmlinux.lzma so I downloaded the one that resembled the fon's 2201 chipset called: gargoyle_1.4.2-atheros-vmlinux.lzma and gargoyle_1.4.2-atheros-root.squashfs from the ar231x/5312 architecture. I placed both of the files in their respective places in the tool. I selected openwrt and I selected the proper ethernet interface as well. I then clicked "Flash router now!". I then plug the power in and I waited for the thing to come up and start installing. Instead I got the Mac address and the IP. That thing sat there for a solid 15 minutes not doing anything. I unplugged and I did it again. Still to no avail. I remember that with the smaller fon was pretty painless using:

http://hak5.org/hack/wifi-pineapple-flashing-guide

I don't think that this guid applies and I think that I may need to downgrade to version 0.7.x before I can upgrade the fon 2201. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where I can find said guide? Or is this guide applicable to 1.1.0 r2? Or what I am doing wrong? Cause I couldn't find the exact files, but I got the closets i can get and I'm still having issues getting the openwrt software on the fon.