Jump to content

Possibly retarded port forwarding question


Recommended Posts

Hello guys.

You see, I want to be able to use my computer as a wireless bridge for my 360 since I don't have a wireless adapter for it.

So, Xbox 360 connected to computer via ethernet, and the computer is connected to my router wirelessly.

What I want to do is port forward a couple of ports to my xbox 360 which is using the computers wireless adapter, is it possible? And how would I do that?

Because the 360 does not have it's own ip adress, since it's using the wireless card in the computer right?

I would guess that I first port forward the ports to the computer, and then from the computer I port to the xbox 360.

But I really have no idea..

The computer is running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit if that'll give you any help..

/ gEEEk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Allright great, thanks guys :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It depends, if you simply bridged the two adapters the Xbox will have it's own IP address on the network. If you used ICS, you need to be set a light and be taught not to do that again, then change it to bridged mode.

Aww come on, ICS has its moment, admittedly its a very dark moment when its useful, but its saved my ass more than once...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...