Recover USB

Scorpion

Right i was round a clients house and i plugged my usb stick (16gb cruzer U3) in the laptop running Vista, when i went to the drive to see all the files vista froze on me and i had to end explorer.exe (as i know that it would restart explorer.exe) but in doing so it made my usb stick unformatted so at this moment in time the stick is currently unformatted and there is 14gb's of data that i would like so im asking is there some freeware/open source software that can recover or remake the usb format (FAT32) im running Win XP SP3 Home?

Right i was round a clients house and i plugged my usb stick (16gb cruzer U3) in the laptop running Vista, when i went to the drive to see all the files vista froze on me and i had to end explorer.exe (as i know that it would restart explorer.exe) but in doing so it made my usb stick unformatted so at this moment in time the stick is currently unformatted and there is 14gb's of data that i would like so im asking is there some freeware/open source software that can recover or remake the usb format (FAT32) im running Win XP SP3 Home?

getdataback - http://www.runtime.org/

Recuva - http://www.piriform.com/recuva

are you sure that you lost all data, and its not just hidden?

the pc's belive that the data stick is not formatted. (so i know its not hidden)

I will try the Recuva software as i've used it before but i couldnt remember its name and the program was ON THE DATASTICK lol

Give TestDisk a shot. It's said to be able to recover lost or damaged partitions. I tried it on a formatted flash drive, just hoping it might be able to recover a semi-formatted drive (Gonzor's U3 creator thing screwed it up) but ended up with nothing. It might be what you're looking for though, since yours wasn't really formatted. Even better would be to make a complete image of your drive and use TestDisk on the image first, instead of your actually drive.

• 1 month later...