iPhone

DABIGHURT

ok so has anybody sucessfully got ther iphone 3g with ver 3.1 os to sync with exchange im having a hell of a time any help would be great.

We have a half dozen or so syncing with ours. If your exchange server requires a secure connection you're out of luck, the 3g can't do it.

Prior to the upgrade, the iPhone disregarded the connection rules established by the Exchange server. For instance, the if the server demands the client use encryption, the iphone would disregard and still connect in the clear.

In the upgrade, Apple finally made its ActiveSync abide by the rules established by the Exchange server. Therefore, since the iPhone can't do encrypted mail traffic, it can't connect to the Exchange server.

Prior to the upgrade, the iPhone disregarded the connection rules established by the Exchange server. For instance, the if the server demands the client use encryption, the iphone would disregard and still connect in the clear.

In the upgrade, Apple finally made its ActiveSync abide by the rules established by the Exchange server. Therefore, since the iPhone can't do encrypted mail traffic, it can't connect to the Exchange server.

That is quite the failure....

That is quite the failure....

Indeed.

I'm almost tempted to go back to a Windows Mobile phone when I get a new phone (not sure when that will be yet though)..

That said, I have mine syncing with an Exchange 2007 server without issues, but I'm exempted from some of the policies.

Short answer is the 3G can't connect if encryption is required. However, the 3GS CAN as it does have hardware encryption.

If you want a 3G to be able to connect you would have to downgrade to 3.0, but it wouldn't actually be encrypted...

The problem here is that Apple basically lied about the capabilities of the Jesusphone, the 3GS is the only version capable of using active sync.

I do have to wonder if my HTC Hero can do active sync correctly, but my exchange does not support it.

The problem here is that Apple basically lied about the capabilities of the Jesusphone, the 3GS is the only version capable of using active sync.

I do have to wonder if my HTC Hero can do active sync correctly, but my exchange does not support it.

Activesync on exchange needs to be enabled from what I've read.