A little help please! :)

h2oh4x!

Hey guys wats up. This is prolly a real real n00by question but I would greatly apprieciate it if somebody would tell me how to compile the following milw0rm exploit:

http://www.milw0rm.com/exploits/9301

Its the new Microsoft Windows XP (win32k.sys) Local Privilege Escalation Exploit

Basicly what happens is I put all of the files into VC++ 6.0 and when I try to compile the .exe it gives me errors and stuff. Will somebody be kind and compile it for me or tell me how to get it working?

Any help much appreciated thanks! ;)

if you post the the errors (yes fucking all of them)

we may be able to help

also when your in ANY kinda programming board and you say ohshit negro i gotz me an error

YOU MUST TELL US WHAT ERROR..we are not physcic

YOU MUST ALSO SPECIFY WHAT COMPILER YOU ARE USING,aswell as your pc setup ram and such

cant compile something like quake4 on a old 386 lol

OK Heres the errors:

--------------------Configuration: 432 - Win32 Debug--------------------

Compiling...

XxNativeFunctions.c

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(3) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'XxGetOSVersion'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(3) : error C2059: syntax error : ';'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(4) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'ULONG'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(4) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'ULONG'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(5) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'ULONG'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(5) : error C2143: syntax error : missing '{' before '*'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(6) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'USHORT'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(6) : error C2143: syntax error : missing '{' before '*'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(6) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(7) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'OSBuildNumber'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(30) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'XxAdjustPrivileges'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(30) : error C2059: syntax error : ';'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(31) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'ULONG'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(31) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'ULONG'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(31) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(32) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'Privilege'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(81) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'XxGetProcessHandle'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(81) : error C2059: syntax error : ';'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(82) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'PWCHAR'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(82) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'PWCHAR'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(83) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'HANDLE'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(83) : error C2143: syntax error : missing '{' before '*'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(84) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'HANDLE'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(84) : error C2143: syntax error : missing '{' before '*'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(84) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(85) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'UniqueProcess'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(208) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'XxDuplicateHandle'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(208) : error C2059: syntax error : ';'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(209) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'HANDLE'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(209) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'HANDLE'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(210) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'HANDLE'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(210) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'SourceProcessHandle'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(210) : error C2059: syntax error : ';'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(210) : error C2059: syntax error : ','

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(213) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(403) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'XxCreateThread'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(403) : error C2059: syntax error : ';'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(404) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'HANDLE'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(404) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'HANDLE'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(405) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'HANDLE'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(405) : error C2143: syntax error : missing '{' before '*'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(406) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'HANDLE'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(406) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'ProcessHandle'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(406) : error C2059: syntax error : ';'

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(406) : error C2059: syntax error : ','

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(409) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'

Error executing cl.exe.

432.exe - 46 error(s), 0 warning(s)

That just seems to be a horribly coded exploit, ill download and compile to see if I get those errors or not. It also looks like there may be some pre-reqs missing, not sure though.

Edit: Like m0u53 said, it looks like it is supposed to be compiled in *nix, so I think that should solve your problem.

Ok guys I appriciate your humor but there has still been no real help apart from telling me to compile in *nix. Please can someone go into a little more detail than "this needs to be compiled in *nix" like what compiler in *nix should I use which version of *nix do you recommend?

Thanks alot.

Fuck you lmao

Seriously, you are not going to get anyone to help you with attitude like that. Google is about the best answer to most of your problems.

Most of these shellcode exploits were written by people using some variant of linux, so they probably would compile under linux fairly easily, but may still in fact require the proper libraries for a windows executable. If it were written on windows, then you may still need any custom source libraries (and dll files) used in it. You can try MinGW's gxx compiler, as I find almost anything written in C seems to have the resource libraries needed to compile these things from Millworm.

Best bet, keep trying, but insulting people gets you no where. If you don't like the answer of "google it first", then you are in the wrong place. In fact, just about every forum will to some level ask you to google it first. Its just how you learn, and you have to understand it just goes with the territory.

Oh yeh and btw do you really think I would just come here and post askin for help without trying to do it myself and having already searched google? If you do then you are wrong because I am not likely to post requests like that making me look n00bish just because I "cba" to search google ;)

Oh yeh and btw do you really think I would just come here and post askin for help without trying to do it myself and having already searched google? If you do then you are wrong because I am not likely to post requests like that making me look n00bish just because I "cba" to search google ;)

See now this is where I post the link on how to post a properly phrased question. The following would have gotten you a far better response. Notice it doesn't take much.

Hey guys,

Look I'm kind of a noob when it comes to compiling source but I've got this code from Milw0rm

http://www.milw0rm.com/exploits/9301

Its the new Microsoft Windows XP (win32k.sys) Local Privilege Escalation Exploit.

I've been trying to compile it on my Windows machine using a Microsoft Visual C++ compiler but I immediately get a whole screen full of errors. I've pasted the first few lines below:

--------------------Configuration: 432 - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
XxNativeFunctions.c
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(3) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'XxGetOSVersion'
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(3) : error C2059: syntax error : ';'
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Exploit\XxNativeFunctions.c(4) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'ULONG'

I thought that the code would just compile but this looks like something is really messed up. Perhaps you guys have an idea what is wrong. I did do some searching on Google and that didn't really help.

See that gives us a lot more information. Then the first reply back would've likely been the statement about needing to compile it in Linux

After that you posted that you have no idea how to compile it in linux but you did some searching and a lot results assume you know the basics of a compiler and required libraries. Then we probably would've coaxed out of you what linux distribution your most familiar with. Then we would say, oh that's easy just install the build-essentials and that should get you there

Attitude like what? I was laughing along with him because of the link that he sent me.

If someone replies "Fuck you", its usually received by others as a "Fuck you", and not, "Oh, I'm laughing with you guys, so funny, ha ha"

You may have been "lmao" in the post, but I have never seen a "Fuck you" meant as a compliment or thank you. I don't see how that was meant to be anything other than a "Fuck you" attitude.

beakmyn may come across harsh, but his intention is to help you learn, even if you don't see it that way.