audio recording / catalog software

Deags

nah i'll just use a shit sound card. i just want to plug in a microphone(possibly with amplifier) and record for weeks. then be able to track back to a date and time.

got council trying to fine me due to dog noise. i know for a fact that my dogs hardly bark and are well with in limits. I feel the neighbours(right next door) are doing it. To take the issue further they need to get forms filled in and signed(witnessed and shit). I wanna have the proof to fucking send the cunts to court. I'm sick to death of paying to do shit to prove my innocence(bark collars fucking lessons) while the person who complains doesn't have to validate the claims. Giving me the shits. the dogs are 11 and 14 years fucking old. They hardly move let alone bark. They are allowed to bark 3 minutes every 30 mins at night and 6 mins every 60 mins during the day(that's a fucking lot, they'd probably bark a total of 6 mins on a bad day). I hardly let them breath as it is. They howl at the sirens(when really close by) which are only 2 or 3 times a day and last about 1 - 10 seconds at most. They bark at the postman (4 - 6 seconds), the neighbour beeps horn(almost every fucking day, same one i feel is complaining) to get kids to come out and take groceries in (2 - 4 seconds), hot air balloons 10 - 15 seconds this is because we live on a hill they are really low (broke our tv antenna once) and when they pull the burner thing they make lots of noise. If i'm in the house i normally react with in one second and i'm probably louder than the dog. so the Times could be cut down to 1 or 2 seconds. The only time they'd break 3mins would be fire works when no one is home(i believe dogs get a free pass on fireworks anyway). Because we live close to city centre. They are so loud that if you can hear the dogs you can defiantly hear the fireworks.

The worst i'd probably been is one used to bark at thunder randomly as in just one bark every so often. Still well within the limits. However that annoyed the shit out me so i punished the dog doing it and he learnt after the 2nd time.

You would be better off video taping the dogs and what they do for normal hours and then show them in court, say, look, they just sit around all day and barely even move let alone bark up a storm. Complain that the neighbor honks his horn everyday on a schedule, and keeps you awake when you are normally resting. File charges for the person with their horn noise. Then, when they say he is within his limits, install air horns in your yard facing his house, and set them off on a regular basis.

my girlfriends neighbours hate us, and my girlfriend has a rather large blue heeler but doesnt bark, every night if we had music on in the back room, the neighbour would call the local councle saying that the dog is barking, to the point where it was threated that the dog would be put down.

We paid for the dog to be put into a dog care centre for 2 nights, and we had a party that night, the neighbours complained again, but we had proof that the dog wasnt on the premisis, so now there complaints are ignored.

(though the now arch up there cars when leaving at 6am for work).

interesting Deveant I'd kinda been thinking that. however our house isn't very noisy. The only time I turn it up is so I can hear it while doing stuff in the garage (midday) which is through my window so it should never be so loud that a neighbour will feel uncomfortable. I doubt it'd make it through a wall to be honest.

It's shit like this that makes me miss rural life.

The final thing I can't work out is why people piss me off. The new dog guy I feel got the message when he walked into the yard and walked up to the dogs and they barley looked at him. They shit guard dogs, they only bark at noisy drunks yelling in the street.

lol.. so glad I live in MS... Hey the entire county will be getting U-Verse in a year or so, so you can live in the middle of no-where and have high speed! :P

They should'nt be such bitches about it. I have had neighbors with dogs that barked all fucking night (constantly) and I live in a trailer where the walls are pretty thin, so I heard them 10x louder than they did.

If they only bark once every once in a while even if it's spotty all night, it wouldn't bother me. Sounds like they need to shut the fuck up about it.

BTW, how to you train dogs to not bark exactly? every single dog I have seen is completely ignorant to it, or it just depends on their personality. I have a cat, so... Can I train it to bark?! :P

lol we paid someone to come show us how. They tried the "reward" system. I found the boot and newspaper system made them learn faster. Pretty much, you just walk until something makes them bark(ie you don't induce it). then you tell them to shut up and reward them. Or you make them shut up don't reward them with fucking treats and then next time they don't bark at something they normally work they get a pat. That is all.

The treat system is so shit on older dogs it's not funny. In their eyes it's just FOOD. They didn't really bark at shit before. They hardly bark at other dogs(unless the other dog pisses them off(haha look at me i'm a dumb ridgeback that's got out of my yard and your just dumb dogs stick in a yard i'm gonna walk around and piss you off.)) now that's the only difference.