(Pandora) Saver2

ZigZagJoe

Update deployed!

1/30/2011 1.4.1 build

Some small fixes. Full functionality check done; play.it and accuradio updated and should work again. Fixed the IRC echoing command, and some other small bits

Fixed a bug causing lookups to freeze song saving entirely. Fixed missing extensions on playlists!

Not really anything _that_ important, but anyone with a version over a month old will be prompted anyways, so might as well get everyone on one page :)

Updated tortunnel blacklist, the amunet crap servers were back and would cause tortunnel to take a very long time to load.

Bans will be going into full effect with this update. Do not open the irc help if you do not plan to talk. I've not strangled anyone yet ;)

--- If you like this app, please donate! ---

If you have a suggestion, feel free to drop by IRC and run it past me.

Accuradio: Updated to use new metadata domain

Client: Fixed attempting to seek while using mplayer output stage

Client: Fixed stations item not being visible when deleting current station

Saver2: Fixed JPGTagArt setting not loading/setting properly

Saver2: If a url is already marked as to-tamper, saverplugins will not match against it again (waste of time)

Saver2: Version incremented

Saver2: SimpleSaverPlugin now supports multiple data URLs and will say specifically when a data url was matched, add additional by using AddDataUrl(url)

[ANNOYING] Saver2: Fixed missing extensions on playlists!

[CRITICAL] Saver2: Fixed a bug where mplayer can hang lookups

Saver2: Fixed files that uses lookup having missing accented chars and ? when looking at tags

IRC: Fixed command echo (OOPS!) - fixing ping ping ping

IRC: Now prompting are-you-sure for connecting normally, also.

IRC: Added 5 second connect delay for exiting without connecting

IRC: Added anti-caps provision for smilies ;)

SProxy: User prompts will be logged now.

play.it (AOL Radio): Updated - image tag was removed at some point, and was causing a failure.

SongManager: Error will be logged if preview fails

Genericsaver: Added a fix for an odd url bug...?

Genericsaver: Fixed declining song lookups not working properly (wrong raw key name)

Genericsaver: Updated to use new SSP changes.

BrowserPAC: Added a few more exceptions for known omnisaver supported sites

Youtube: When force encoding is on, a frame from the video will be added as album art.

Tor: Fails/success nodes will now be logged, so I can block bad servers faster.

If you get an error, missing mp3 codec, install http://zzj.itf-inc.com/downloads/setupl3c.exe

It will fix the problem. (new users only - if it works, it will continue to work)

Updated standalone client's changelog. Oops.

Saver2 is sweet, Thanks mate.

I think I may have found a bug though. In the "Advanced" tab under the Saver2 configuration, the "Save/Embed album art as JPG" doesn't stay checked when I restart the program.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

1/30/2011 1.4.1 build 1252

Sorry for two updates shortly after the other, but this tor thing needed to be fixed ASAP.

[CRITICAL] Tor: Added provision for remotely setting tor directory server: this is required as the default was failing.

----

This update fixes tortunnel not working and should prevent this from happening in the future.

Edited by ZigZagJoe

I've made a number of changes to tortunnel and torendpoints (tortunnel helper i wrote) - long story short, tortunnel is MASSIVELY faster to start up and nicer on the whole. I'm not deploying this as an update right now, given the updates just released; to get it download http://zzj.itf-inc.com/s2/PAtt.zip and extract into your sproxy install folder. Will also get it by removing it using add/remove componenets (on the saver2 menu) then adding it again. Any fresh installs will also get it.

Also have not figured out a good way to force an update of all tortunnels already installed (automatically)...

Notes:

Tortunnel: Added the ability to accept a domain as directory server

Tortunnel: will now use zzj.itf-inc.com as status mirror = should decrease time massively, as it uses caching

Tortunnel: Added support for querying directory server intelligently, causes a massive speedup on load time esp. on slow conns

TorEndPoints: will now use prechewed endpoints by zzj.itf-inc.com, skips the "querying torstatus" stage entirely (it's retained just in case, though) - much faster

Basically, now, instead of it downloading a 2.5mb tor status from a slow webserver, it gets the prechewed version from my server (which does all the legwork and then caches it). No more waiting for "querying torstatus".

After that, I made tortunnel have support to use domains instead of ip for directory server, and to clue in the directory server what it is specifically looking for, eliminating a 1.2mb file transfer for each time tortunnel starts.

Highly recommend all tortunnel users to install this immediately, will work on a way to include it into the normal installer without causing yet another update to be released. If you are just now installing saver2/pandora via the installer, you will get the updated version.

Edited by ZigZagJoe

Sounds right. Where did you get wine from?

Also, planning to release an update shortly, changelog so far:

(snip)

well just letting you i gave up trying to put it on my mac. i have VMware with windows xp on it so i just went ahead and

loaded it on that, i just didnt want to have to load vmware everytime i wanted it

but thanks for the help though

I need a way to add/delete genres from the scraper code. There are a whole list of spanish genres that are not represented. Customization is king.

Can you possible have a text file that can be edited (that the GoogleScraper code reads from)? Or possibly even key/value list in "advanced configuration"?

Thanks so much... this program is awesome.

-Joe

I need a way to add/delete genres from the scraper code. There are a whole list of spanish genres that are not represented. Customization is king.

Can you possible have a text file that can be edited (that the GoogleScraper code reads from)? Or possibly even key/value list in "advanced configuration"?

Thanks so much... this program is awesome.

-Joe

Not currently, but it would not be hard to have it read from a setting. However, new entries can't contain existing genres (like, no jrock or jpop), as it would match pop more often than it would jpop.

Current list:

public static readonly string[] KnownGenres = {

"alternative", /*"other",*/ "classical", "rock",

"hiphop", "hip hop", "r&b", "techno", "trance",

"dance", "punk", "pop", "metal", "rap", "jazz",

"ska", "electronic", "progressive", "country" ,

"breakbeat", "funk", "world", "soul", "house",

"soundtrack", "ost", "anime", "psychedelic"

};

Also, do you know of any standalone Genre scrapers that can change the genre on all my existing music files? Preferably, using the same method you use (and with editable genre list)?

Thanks again.

-Joe

Not offhand.

Not currently, but it would not be hard to have it read from a setting. However, new entries can't contain existing genres (like, no jrock or jpop), as it would match pop more often than it would jpop.

Current list:

public static readonly string[] KnownGenres = {

"alternative", /*"other",*/ "classical", "rock",

"hiphop", "hip hop", "r&b", "techno", "trance",

"dance", "punk", "pop", "metal", "rap", "jazz",

"ska", "electronic", "progressive", "country" ,

"breakbeat", "funk", "world", "soul", "house",

"soundtrack", "ost", "anime", "psychedelic"

};

Not offhand.

So if I wanted to edit that list right now, how would I go about it? Is there a file I need to decompile and edit?

Thanks

-Joe

The genre scraper has been working pretty good. Some minor issues though:

About 30% of the genre tags are showing up with numbers as the second genre. For example, (Bachata/149)

So far, the results are pretty accurate on English language music. But not Spanish.

Also, no rush, but in the future, it would be nice to be able to edit/remove some of the built in genres from your list. Things like, "world" or "latin" are much too popular and floods out specific tags. I would like to be able to set the all thresholds so I can fine tune the scraper to get accurate results for those songs.

Thanks.

Can you get me an example of a song which returns a number as its second genre? (also, the list of extra genres you are using)

Not surprised that it is not matching spanish songs well - going to be less results on google, and with more specific (varying) genres used.

Will change it so you can put - in front of a genre to remove it from the list.

Can you get me an example of a song which returns a number as its second genre? (also, the list of extra genres you are using)

Not surprised that it is not matching spanish songs well - going to be less results on google, and with more specific (varying) genres used.

Will change it so you can put - in front of a genre to remove it from the list.

My additional genre list:

50's,60's,70's,80's,Alternative,AudioBook,Audio Book,Bachata,Baladas,Ballad,Baroque,Blues,Bolero,Cha-Cha,Classic Rock,Classical,Comedy,Country,Dance,Disco,Easy Listening,Electronica,Folk,Freestyle,Gospel,Hip Hop,Holiday,Indian,Indie,Industrial,Instrumental,Jazz,Love Songs,Merengue,Metal,Mexican,Motown,Musicals,New Age,Oldies,Pop,Progressive,Punk,R&B,Rap,Reggae,Reggaeton,Rock,Rock & Roll,Romantic,Salsa,Showtunes,Soundtrack,Tango,Techno

*no errors given when genres from list are added via Obyekt87

The program returns:

Added genre '50's'

Added genre '60's'

Added genre '70's'

Added genre '80's'

Added genre 'audiobook'

Added genre 'audio book'

Added genre 'bachata'

Added genre 'baladas'

Added genre 'ballad'

Added genre 'baroque'

Added genre 'blues'

Added genre 'bolero'

Added genre 'classic rock'

Added genre 'comedy'

Added genre 'disco'

Added genre 'easy listening'

Added genre 'electronica'

Added genre 'folk'

Added genre 'freestyle'

Added genre 'gospel'

Added genre 'holiday'

Added genre 'indian'

Added genre 'indie'

Added genre 'industrial'

Added genre 'instrumental'

Added genre 'love songs'

Added genre 'merengue'

Added genre 'mexican'

Added genre 'motown'

Added genre 'musicals'

Added genre 'new age'

Added genre 'oldies'

Added genre 'reggaeton'

Added genre 'rock & roll'

Added genre 'romantic'

Added genre 'showtunes'

Ex #1:

Domenic M - Ven Tu

In scrapertestapp, it returns "Bachata / Salsa"

When run through Obyekt87, the tag is written "Bachata/143"

Ex #2:

Tito El Bambino - Te Comence A Querer

In scrapertestapp, it returns "Reggaeton / Reggae"

When run through Obyekt87, the tag is written "Reggaeton/16"

Ex #3:

Prince Royce - Crazy

In scrapertestapp, it returns "Bachata / Rock"

When run through Obyekt87, the tag is written "Bachata/17"

Ex #4:

Dracula - Theme

In scrapertestapp, it returns "Ost / Comedy"

When run through Obyekt87, the tag is written "Ost/3"

Although I don't know where the number on the end comes from, it is not random. Clearing and re-tagging the genre using Obyekt87 returns the same genre tag with the same number as originally tagged using saver2.

This only happens for a few songs.