BBS.Hak5.org

capheind

While poking around a bit I found a page about the Hak5 BBS. Like everyone else (a couple of years ago) I happen to like BBS's and wanted to take a look, but it doesn't seem to be there. Any clue what happened to it? Was it just taken down due to the waning interest in BBS's? Or is it just down?

Sad...

Were they actually doing anything interesting or innovative with it? Or was it more just Retro-Computing reminiscing? I've intermittently played with both Gopher and BBS systems, and am always interesting in seeing interesting hacks on old systems.

• 2 weeks later...
One of my fav boards is d1st.org

telnet://d1st.org

enjoy :)

hello, I tried to logon to the BBS but it looks like my ubuntu terminal does not have ansi supported or something, the scrolling bar does not work, can not see all the buetiful BBS art.. how do i fix this?

edit:: i was useing gnome-terminal i guess which does not support ansi, so i got putty term and seen all the ansi but the scroll bar does not work. Any ideas? thanks

hello, I tried to logon to the BBS but it looks like my ubuntu terminal does not have ansi supported or something, the scrolling bar does not work, can not see all the buetiful BBS art.. how do i fix this?

edit:: i was useing gnome-terminal i guess which does not support ansi, so i got putty term and seen all the ansi but the scroll bar does not work. Any ideas? thanks

Syncterm :)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/syncterm/

humm I followed the link and did not see a debian/ubuntu download link just windows and mac. I found a app called Qterm in the repositorys but it seems to be acting funny.. i add the bbs to the address book then when i click connect the program shuts :blink: I used to have a WWiV BBS along time ago, so this seems interesting

humm I followed the link and did not see a debian/ubuntu download link just windows and mac. I found a app called Qterm in the repositorys but it seems to be acting funny.. i add the bbs to the address book then when i click connect the program shuts :blink: I used to have a WWiV BBS along time ago, so this seems interesting

I just used apt-get from the ubuntu repos.

I just used apt-get from the ubuntu repos.

ok, i tryed sudo apt-get install syncterm and could not find the package in the repository, then went to their main site syncterm.net and downloaded the "Current" Linux version of it, then un-Gzipped it and it says file can not be openned or ran.. any ideas? what command did you use in ubuntu to apt get it?

is there alot of linux users on here that goto BBS? if so what do you use? i tried multiple bbs so i know its a problem on my side, i would not have a problem doing this in windows :P but im trying to learn linux better, thanks

ok, i tryed sudo apt-get install syncterm and could not find the package in the repository, then went to their main site syncterm.net and downloaded the "Current" Linux version of it, then un-Gzipped it and it says file can not be openned or ran.. any ideas? what command did you use in ubuntu to apt get it?

is there alot of linux users on here that goto BBS? if so what do you use? i tried multiple bbs so i know its a problem on my side, i would not have a problem doing this in windows :P but im trying to learn linux better, thanks

My bad, they had it in the repos back in Hardy.

You can get the source and build it yourself now: http://superb-west.dl.sourceforge.net/sour...rc-20080406.tgz

If you need any assistance, let me know.

• 9 months later...