im fed up... -.-

DrCheeseit

so here is my problem... i started out with windows home edition... then i switched to linux... then i switched to winn pro... then i switched to vista (big mistake...) then i switched back to linux because i couldnt install xp from linux... and now im stuck at linux -.- i want xp back...

here is what i have tried to do...

i have made several cds with xp on them... none of which helped... i get the fucking blue screen... ill post what it says later

i have tried reformatting the drive and then installing... i had to reinstall linux 5 times in 1 day...

i am currently looking into installing it onto my ext HD and running it from that... that may or may not work

any help you guys have id love to hear... i love linux and all but compatibility issues are killing me

EDIT: DISREGARD ALL THIS IM STAYING WITH LINUX

I would suggest trying to run the Windows Service Mode (or something similar) on the XP Disc, which will give you the command prompt screen, from there you can use "chkdsk" to get Windows to fix any problems that it may find on your hdd and then use "fdisk" to re-format your drive or just from there try the installation again.

If your computer can boot from USB then I would recommend downloading Puppy Linux onto a USB stick and use linux from that, Puppy has generally worked straight 1st time for me on running it on multiple computers as it's made to be portable and is simple to install from the live CD you can download from the site. :)

yes its a pirated version... but i have installed it previously and it works great... :P my comp is gateway

and ill try fixing it from the cd

BSOD happens after all the drivers and such are loaded and it says its starting the windows system...

afterwords BSOD comes up and i get owned...

I don't recommend using a pirated version of Windows XP because their is no guarantee that it is secure. It's never worth it to use a pirated copy of Windows because their could be viruses or other nasty stuff put on the image.

I would Recommend using linux if you cannot get a legitimate copy of Windows. There is one way of getting a legal copy for free though. If you are in College you can get a free copy from the University website.

Other than that I cannot help with a pirated software.

yes its a pirated version... but i have installed it previously and it works great... :P my comp is gateway

and ill try fixing it from the cd

BSOD happens after all the drivers and such are loaded and it says its starting the windows system...

afterwords BSOD comes up and i get owned...

What is the error?

If you have vista, then just use that to instal XP. Install vista but make a two partitions but do not format one of them. Then when in Vista, insert the XP cd and try to install windows to the unformatted disc, see what happens.