eee pc

Tymac94

Does the eee pc laptops at target have an atheros wifichipset?

There are three different screen sizes now so you might want to be more specific. I went to their site and looked up the info on the 10" and it reported this for the wireless driver:

Azurewave Wireless Network Adapter Driver

Which I was able to confirm is an Atheros chipset.

That was way too much work for something I really didn't need to know. (grin - because I have a Acer Aspire One which does have an Atheros chipset.)

701 uses the Atheros chipset aswell :)

And the SSD is faster then the 900.

Those little eee pc's are lamesauce. they have shitty resolutions, underpowered processors, slow and small SSD's, shitty RAM, and overall just suck. when the first eee-pc came out sure it was cool wow its small and "ZOMG IT RUNS TEH LINUXZ" so now everyone is tripping over themselves trying to get one so they can run right home and throw backtrack on it and instantly start haxin wifi's. boooorrrrrring. for 3-400 dollars you can get a way fucking better netbook, the hp mini 2133 is going for that and it still is one of the top netbooks that noone seems to ever talk about, shit man even the acer aspire one is way better. get a real netbook and quit worrying about which one has the "MAGICAL ATHEROS" card. there are tons and tons and tons of atheros wireless cards that you can get for real cheaps that you can just pop right into either minipci-express, mini pci, or express card and cardbuss slots, and many of them will have better atheros chipsets and/or antenna ports. the eee-pc's are way overrated and in my opinion your money would be better spent on another netbook.

An EEEPC 701 costs about 200 dollar.

That's a pretty damn good prize for what you get.

I agree, the 901 and the 1000 are way to pricey

and a normal laptop might be a better choice.

---------------------------------------------------------ASUS 1000h----------------------------------------------------------

160 GB HD, 2GB RAM, streams netflicks videos like a peach and plays World of Warcraft (run from a 16 GB flashdrive) without so much as a single hiccup. :lol:

Has wireless N, fits in a large purse/small man bag, add a bluetooth earpiece, broadband/mifi and a Vento mouse and you have everything you could possibly need and it will all fit in the neoprene case the computer came in.

ASUS 1000h Gotta love it. PLUS bonus, when SSD drives come down in price the upgrade is idiot proof. ;)

---------------------------------------------------------ASUS 1000h----------------------------------------------------------

160 GB HD, 2GB RAM, streams netflicks videos like a peach and plays World of Warcraft (run from a 16 GB flashdrive) without so much as a single hiccup. :lol:

Has wireless N, fits in a large purse/small man bag, add a bluetooth earpiece, broadband/mifi and a Vento mouse and you have everything you could possibly need and it will all fit in the neoprene case the computer came in.

ASUS 1000h Gotta love it. PLUS bonus, when SSD drives come down in price the upgrade is idiot proof. ;)

those are better specs but i would consider a 10" more of an ultra portable than an actual netbook and for less than that you could still get the hp mini note 2133 with simmilar specs. in an 8.9". but still not a bad deal.