easy program to make gui's in linux

Timmo

hi,

i was just wondering if there was some sort of scripting language for linux simmiler to autoIT (www.autoitscript.com).

using autoIT you can create a nice and simple GUI for a script instead of the CLI interface. is there a program similer.

also im kinda new to the scripting side of linux

hi,

i was just wondering if there was some sort of scripting language for linux simmiler to autoIT (www.autoitscript.com).

using autoIT you can create a nice and simple GUI for a script instead of the CLI interface. is there a program similer.

also im kinda new to the scripting side of linux

python

kool looking at the page there is a lot of frameworks. what would you recommend for first timer with python? any really good tuts you recommend?

it really depends on what you are developing for... if i was developing an app for windows id just use the native windows api but if i wanted something cross platform i might use gtk honestly i dont use gui's hardly at all in my programming... i prefer the cli

As far as tutorials i always find it easiest to pick apart the examples that the dev kits usually come with in order to figure it out.

• 3 weeks later...
it really depends on what you are developing for... if i was developing an app for windows id just use the native windows api but if i wanted something cross platform i might use gtk honestly i dont use gui's hardly at all in my programming... i prefer the cli

As far as tutorials i always find it easiest to pick apart the examples that the dev kits usually come with in order to figure it out.

Off-topic: I wasn't aware of the Native API exporting functions for GUI creation. Isn't user32 the GUI DLL?

On-topic: Tcl/Tk

• 2 weeks later...