open source screen recording?

RogueHart

i play games a lot and like everyone who plays i have those times where i go "holy shit did i just do that????" moment. depending on the game it happens a lot. but the problem is i never get them recorded lol. id like to have some proof for my friends lol.

does anyone know of any open source screen recording programs? license isnt really a big deal. id just like to be able to tweak the program if problems arise.

i play games a lot and like everyone who plays i have those times where i go "holy shit did i just do that????" moment. depending on the game it happens a lot. but the problem is i never get them recorded lol. id like to have some proof for my friends lol.

does anyone know of any open source screen recording programs? license isnt really a big deal. id just like to be able to tweak the program if problems arise.

isnt record my desktop open source?or is it just free on linux?lol i got it on linux i dont think its for windows

fraps? i think theres a free/trial one

fraps is pretty good if i remember.

would like to have more than just gaming though. i used to have a program but when my old laptop stopped agreeing with recording/editing/all but watching videos i just deleted it.

i think that might be it. not sure though since it has a buy option. maybe new out of popularity or something

if you have a halfway decent tv tuner card you should be able to record your screen no problem. both of mine allow me to do this.