PhreakNIC

DingleBerries

Who, if anyone, is going to PhreakNIC 12? Im volunteering from 2-3 on friday but after that there are a few pretty good talks lined up;

R00tW4rz Cartography Contest

Russell Butturini - Using the Hak5 U3 Switchblade as an Incident Response and Forensics Tool

Scavenger Hunt

Lee Baird /John Skinner- JAIL - Get your iPhone out, and try NOT to get yourself in!

If your a hak5er then it'd be great to do a tiny meet up

Most of the Hak5 crew will be there. Darren, Shannon, Paul, Matt, Chris, Christine, and myself

I am also a goon this year. So be good kiddies.

I didn't hear anything about the crew heading there.. awesome.. I'm bringing my 5 foot antenna to hook to my Fon ;)

Yay! We'll ALL be there ( i think). I think we should all hang out on saturday night at the after party if there is one. I'll be toting some hak swag as usual :)

an event im close enough to goto and i dont have the money....

Im not sure what the door cost is for this event but it shouldn't be too much. This will be my first "con" in essence so I thought I would get in on the ground floor. I am actually pretty excited, rootwarez seems to be something I would be good at, but because of my lack of a test system I don't think i will participate in it. Anyways, I would definitely try to show up, maybe find an odd jobs on CraigsList or pawn some jewelry, bling bling is so 2003 anyways. It is at the Day's Inn hotel in Nashville in case any one missed it.

Also, If you live in Murfreesboro and are heading up there PLEASE PM me and let me know. I just moved here and I havent really made my way around the state yet, so hopefully mapquest will work out.

It's 20 dollars at the door, as far as a place to sleep that can be at the cost you want it to be.

yeah i live close enough to road trip to it within a few hours but gas is too high for a crappy car. cant get there. couldnt do it unless i slept on a bench

yeah i live close enough to road trip to it within a few hours but gas is too high for a crappy car. cant get there. couldnt do it unless i slept on a bench

I'm heading up from Atlanta, if you're south of Nashville.. and I at least have a floor you can sleep on for free, just bring a pillow and sleeping bag.

I'm leaving ATL about 7:30 ish

I'm heading up from Atlanta, if you're south of Nashville.. and I at least have a floor you can sleep on for free, just bring a pillow and sleeping bag.

I'm leaving ATL about 7:30 ish

thats a generous offer and i thank you for it but im afraid i wont be attending this. just made plans a few min ago with my gf (more like she informed me of our plans but close enough lol) her school's football team has an away game against their rivals and then saturday we're spending a quiet day watching horror movies.

edit:

im gonna start setting aside a small portion of my paychecks to save up for when these things pop up close enough to goto.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea, but I just started messing around with the "USB" hacks again, and I have a new Updater/Loader for U3 devices. The ISO's will be located on a server and people will run this just like they run the UPinstaller from SanDisk but instead of the SanDisk ISO you will now get a payload of your choice. Maybe I could release it during PhreakNIC. Its still EARLY alpha, but suggestions?

Tell us how today's talks go! I'm looking foward to tomorrow!