Advice on getting a Fon

Hi,

I'm very interested in getting a Fon router and experimenting with Jasager on it. The problem is the official website is only selling the new one now and I presume that has new firmware on it making it a bitch to get Jasager on it, correct?

So, do you have any sujestions as to where I can get the old one? I would use Ebay but you don't know if they have been plugged into the internet or not and they would probaly lie to you :/

Thnx, Stanni :)

Hi,

I'm very interested in getting a Fon router and experimenting with Jasager on it. The problem is the official website is only selling the new one now and I presume that has new firmware on it making it a bitch to get Jasager on it, correct?

So, do you have any sujestions as to where I can get the old one? I would use Ebay but you don't know if they have been plugged into the internet or not and they would probaly lie to you :/

Thnx, Stanni :)

Where are you in the world? Someone in your region may be able to help.

If you're in the US, there a good chance that purchasing a "Lon Fonera" directly from the FON website will score you an original 2100. I know of US based folks who have gotten them in the past month by doing this. (But there are also reports of people in the US getting newer models too.)

Since FONs have sold better outside of the US, the "international" packaged 2100's are scarce (they have different power adapters), and thats why most international folks can't order directly from FON.

Cheers,

33\/\/

• 2 weeks later...
I'm from the UK

I'm also in the UK, and I'd also like to know this ^^

Is La Fonera+ Jasager compatible? Because that's the only version available online in the UK shop.

If not, does anyone know where I can get hold of an old model Fon in the UK?

Cheers

Is La Fonera+ Jasager compatible? Because that's the only version available online in the UK shop.

Its not YET Jasager compatible,

but it is OpenWRT compatible.

I can't imagen that being the case for much longer since digitalninja is also in the UK too.

On another note, DO NOT try using the 4 AA battery pack with the La Fonera+, IT WILL NOT WORK, also, DO NOT FLASH ON BATTERY (I know at least 4 people who have bricked FONs because of this.)

[@Digitalninja PLEASE make it La Fonera+ compatible soon.]

Seems the old FON2100s are available in the UK through an amazon seller.

The only router on the UK site is the Le Fonera+ (Comes with 2 Ethernet Ports)

On the other European sites, you can also buy Le Fonera 2.0 Beta (Comes with 2 Ethernet Ports and a USB Port)

The Fonera 2.0 is intended to be a Liberator of your desktop computers by being able to both execute applications that you usually need to run in background on your computers and to help you share USB devices between the notebooks connected to your Fonera 2.0, like USB Disks, USB Scanners, USB Printers or Webcams (Not all USB Devices supported).

I'm also in the UK, and I'd also like to know this ^^

If not, does anyone know where I can get hold of an old model Fon in the UK?

Cheers

Any device that has an atheros chipset and will run openwrt should run Jasager without any problems. No guarantees but from both software and hardware point of view I can't see any issues.

I've got a Fon+ sitting waiting to be flashed, once I've done it I'll report if I find anything wrong.

Any device that has an atheros chipset and will run openwrt should run Jasager without any problems. No guarantees but from both software and hardware point of view I can't see any issues.

I've got a Fon+ sitting waiting to be flashed, once I've done it I'll report if I find anything wrong.

Hey DigitalNinja,

When do you think you'll get around to working your magic on the Fonera+? Those of use that own them are pretty anxious on learning what hurdles you might run into. I'm going to start my quest to install Jasager on it later this week so hopefully I'll be able to contribute.

Since I was having such a hard time finding the necessary cable to try to flash my 2201 I ordered it from this place.....I bought the USB to TTL connection since my laptops don't have a serial port.

http://www.makershed.com/ProductDetails.as...mp;Redirected=Y