How do you know my OS!

DingleBerries

hmm.. are you logging into that site, from a web browser?

Its just a login form which has that hidden value right?

Well You could easily change it if so... here's what I would do... First use a program like WPE pro(Winsock Packet Editor)

Not to edit any packets, but just to read them and see what the packet looks like when you post the form... So attach WPE(or other packet logging app) to your web browser that you use(do so when your at the login page already so you don't capture unnecessary packets). Then if using WPE make sure to press the > (play) button to start logging packets. Then login to your website...

since your posting a form it will be a POST request.

it will look a little something like this:

POST /login.php HTTP/1.1
Host: yourwebsite.com
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U;
Windows NT 5.1; en-US rv:1.9.0.1)
Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Language: en-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate..Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive: 300
connection: keep-alive
Referer: http://www.yourwebsite.com/homepage.php
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Content-Length: [lengthofstringbelow]

username=DingleBerries&password=LamePassword&os=WINDOWS_VISTA_ALL

The idea is to inject some code into your web browser which will do like how WPE does, hook winsock, and when that POST packet which has the hiddenfield 'os' is about to be sent...

you modify the packet and change os= to say "os=MAC_OSX"

then you can modify what gets posted for os without changing the content of the web page ;)

I'm thinking that might be what your looking for, although I don't fully understand. Who is going to be looking at what "os" you have?

I use tamper data (FF addon) for all my variable messing. You might find there are further vulns if you do some injections in hidden variables, some web devs seem to think that if they are hidden, they dont need to filter them...

Silly catface

Yeah I said windows because Vanguard said

You should think of changing to linux. If you do, there is a nice little software, which is faking the os, so that it seems sike another one. Search at "deception tool kit". This is rather old, but still working.

Just poiinting out there was no need to stwitch to Linux to this one particular thing although switching to linux is a better option period lol

Could you not just use a JavaScript injection to change the form value on the fly?

You could, but that wouldn't stop the server from knowing what OS and browser you are using. The only way to change this is by altering (I suppose it comes under the definition of spoofing) the useragent of your browser.

Dose it need drilling in any more?

So what i was trying didnt work. I wanted to see if i could be granted access without loggin in. Even if i change my Mac address(to a mac linked one) and change my UAP i am still greeted with a login screen, however if i log in wirelessly i do not need to use the Cisco Clean Access tool and the shity slow Virus "protection" that the school has. Ill play around more, but i do not see a way around this atm. off to scan ports so i can get on irc :/

Did you try this:

*drill noises*

I think, I understood it false. You want to hide the OS of the client running firefox ? Well, so let me tell you, you cannot hide the OS by changing plugins of firefox. An OS is beeing recognized by some signatures, but also on other things, like special active ports, special answers, which the client is giving and a lot of other things, too.

Check out, how nmap is recognizing an OS. I suppose there will be articles in the internet somewhere. Anyway, if you want hide your OS from attacks of evil servers, I do not see any other way, as to change your OS or use a proxy for hiding. O.k., I admit, you will be able to cheat normal webservers, but "hacker"-webservers you will not be able to cheat. Feel free to correct me.

I think, I understood it false. You want to hide the OS of the client running firefox ? Well, so let me tell you, you cannot hide the OS by changing plugins of firefox. An OS is beeing recognized by some signatures, but also on other things, like special active ports, special answers, which the client is giving and a lot of other things, too.

Check out, how nmap is recognizing an OS. I suppose there will be articles in the internet somewhere. Anyway, if you want hide your OS from attacks of evil servers, I do not see any other way, as to change your OS or use a proxy for hiding. O.k., I admit, you will be able to cheat normal webservers, but "hacker"-webservers you will not be able to cheat. Feel free to correct me.

omg

answer to problem =