.Bat file prank that crashes pc

still learning

I remember seeing a episode on youtube for Hak5 that had this .Bat file code that would crash a pc for a prank, I looked all on the youtube videos and could not find it, does anyone remember what episode or what the code was? thanks!

I remember the forced BSOD segment, is that what you are referring to?

Keep learning.

@ECHO off

:top

START %SystemRoot%\system32\notepad.exe

GOTO top

I think this is what i was looking for i will change the program from notepad to something else, maybe fart.wav & have it auto start play in windows media player so it plays a bunch of fart noises, and opens a new media player each time until the PC crashes

thanks for all your help though buddy

I like pranks, but not anything destructive or crashing the pc. Maybe scare them into thinking someone has logged on to their machine remotely by locking the pc/workstation (Assuming its windows).

Put this in a bat file:

c:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation

And then you can either put it in their startup folder path so it runs as soon as windows starts, or add it to something like a scheduled task event to start exactly every 5 minutes and run continuously. At least this way they can try to find what is happening without losing any work that may need to be saved, since it doesn't crash the pc itself, only locks it down and forces them to logon again.

You could also put just the first line in a shortcut on their desktop and replace something like Internet Explorer or whatever browser they have a shortcut for with the command, so each time they try to run a program of your choice, they get the lock down screen.

The best prank i've seen lately was from defcon it was called the "BSODimizer" where a couple of guys made a device that plugged into the VGA connection on the video card in between the monitor and the computer like DVI->VGA adapter, and ramdomly (or you can use an IR remote) will display a BSOD (just the image, does nothing to the computer), and after a few seconds later it displays an ASCII goat.se, doesnt damage anything, and really funny. Here is the creator's site:

http://www.kingpinempire.com/

@ECHO off

:top

START %SystemRoot%\system32\notepad.exe

GOTO top

no offense, but that is the lamest/dumbest shit ever...

^^ Well I was planning on changeing to code to do something funny until it crashes (not notepad, unless i can get it to open with a message displayed on each notepad that opened), and not going to put it on startup or anything, just a .bat file that i can replace with there internet explorer icon maybe, so it looks like it is going to run IE when they click on it, then thats when the fart noises and many media player pop ups start multiplying and playing a fart noise sound until pc crash. or maybe i will turn the echo on at one point and print to screen "Please change to Firefox, IE sucks" or whatever.. like my name says im "still learning" i dont wish to harm anyones PC, just watch their reaction for an hour from my cubicle behind them or side of them or so and laugh then tell them what i did and how to fix it or fix it for them. Im not trying to cause a perm system problem, just freak them out for a little bit

i checked the kingpin site out was pretty cool but did not see anything about the pranks he created, more of a t-shirt sales deal

Digip; that sounds like a really cool idea too lol the "funny trick" people seem to try in my work area is to turn the screen upside down with a alt-control-up button or whatever which is a completely played out prank, i need something completely original and fresh, thats why im leading towards the fart.wav replay sound prank so they login their computer (right before i turn their vlume on full blast for the area) and have the fart noises go off for all to hear until he has to reboot LOL i would not make it to perm damage anything though, and after it happens a couple times and me and the rest of our cubicle row has their laughs done - i will fix it, trying to think of an original office prank

• 1 year later...
ctrl+alt+(arrow key for screen)

On Xp it only works on Pro. But you can use your graphics card control to do that >:)

My dad was playing with the controls and he ended up changing it - lol

Actually that's specific to Intel graphics card drivers, and will only work if hotkeys are enabled (which they are by default).