Java Compiler

kaizen_0

Does anyone know of any good free java compile/editor programs for windows, im just to lazy right now to search for some cause im too busy.

damn i hate windows, there needs to be one like xcode for windows and maybe id use it more often, im just to used to my mac i guess.

thx.

Eclipse is also good for java development and is plug in based, so it allows you to download plugins that allow you to develop and have an IDE for other languages, like PHP, J2EE, or C++. Although the php IDE is ok imo, and the C++ one requires cygwin.

• 1 month later...

just wanted to say cause i just saw that this is still here, that i found one better, its called Dr.Java. its works and is simple, not setup needed at all, just download, open the program (u dont even need to install it so u can put it on a flash drive and take it with u) and program.

just wanted to say cause i just saw that this is still here, that i found one better, its called Dr.Java. its works and is simple, not setup needed at all, just download, open the program (u dont even need to install it so u can put it on a flash drive and take it with u) and program.

Gotta say eclipse is the bees knees :rolleyes:

I enjoy JCreator for an IDE... however i linux Eclipse is the go... As for downloading the compiler and all that... www.java.sun.com go to downloads and then Java SE install and add environmental variables if you want to use cmd... there is a netbeans and sun java combo there to download that should automate it for you...