Disabling CTRL+ALT+DEL

tempnode

I need a way to disable CTRL+ALT+DELETE functionality without restarting the computer. I can block the keyboard input, but i'm having a hard time blocking the CTRL+ALT+DELETE functionality... i think it's protected. anyone here know of a way to do this?

i need to disable it while the computer is up and running and have it re-enabled upon reboot.

I need a way to disable CTRL+ALT+DELETE functionality without restarting the computer. I can block the keyboard input, but i'm having a hard time blocking the CTRL+ALT+DELETE functionality... i think it's protected. anyone here know of a way to do this?

i need to disable it while the computer is up and running and have it re-enabled upon reboot.

You can modify the computer security policy however this WILL survive a reboot. There is a way to do it for particular users and not others.

Start > Run > gpedit.msc

User configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Ctrl+Alt+Del Options

These are reverse logic options

I.E. you want to enable the removal of Task Manager.

Microsoft article 293655 explains how to do this for local users.

You can't prevent ctrl+alt+del from happening but you can control what options the user has when they press it.

deep freez eh,,, i have it on my computer so no 1 can fuck up my computer win im no ther right a scar , or javascript that basicly ses

a= false

if ctrl than true

if true run script if alt+delet =true esc

if a=true stop

if a=false go 2 line 1

i have one 4 scar , but practicly no 1 uses scar , but im not hte best at java but that bacily the pesodocode 4 it

deep freez eh,,, i have it on my computer so no 1 can fuck up my computer win im no ther right a scar , or javascript that basicly ses

a= false

if ctrl than true

if true run script if alt+delet =true esc

if a=true stop

if a=false go 2 line 1

i have one 4 scar , but practicly no 1 uses scar , but im not hte best at java but that bacily the pesodocode 4 it

sudo code is nice. Trouble is, the ctrl+alt+delete functionality is 'deep' (cough) in the OS. The easist option is probably to write a new keyboard driver that has the functionality to disable and enable the ctrl+alt+delete combination been sent to the OS. Remember, there are two delete and ctrl keys and a 'alt gr' key on a standard keyboard and have different key codes.

Also, with this method, you can probably change the keyboard layout to a devork layout (or another layout) and send the ctrl+alt+delete key codes for that layout and by pass the 'filtering' in the driver.

Also, this litraly does what you asked "Block ctrl+alt+delete", it won't prevent system calls that are caused by ctrl+alt+delete. Which functionality was it that you actually wanted to block btw?

sudo code is nice. Trouble is, the ctrl+alt+delete functionality is 'deep' (cough) in the OS. The easist option is probably to write a new keyboard driver that has the functionality to disable and enable the ctrl+alt+delete combination been sent to the OS. Remember, there are two delete and ctrl keys and a 'alt gr' key on a standard keyboard and have different key codes.

Also, with this method, you can probably change the keyboard layout to a devork layout (or another layout) and send the ctrl+alt+delete key codes for that layout and by pass the 'filtering' in the driver.

Also, this litraly does what you asked "Block ctrl+alt+delete", it won't prevent system calls that are caused by ctrl+alt+delete. Which functionality was it that you actually wanted to block btw?

tushay , but it just depends howmutch time u have

but the fist programs i made wer auttoers 4 runescape so i am good at looples loops

tushay , but it just depends howmutch time u have

but the fist programs i made wer auttoers 4 runescape so i am good at looples loops

I have a question for you. Did you learn how forums work on Mopar? No, I'm not linking to it, but did you?

Mopar really is a skiddie playground. Please don't keep saying SCAR or SRL were hacked and now do other things. SCAR is a color picker, and it can't interface with most of the computer.

You can do good stuff with SCAR, but please show us some working code before you post anymore about how good of a SCAR script writer you are.

and VaKo, if there is a spell checker for IBP, can we have it imposed?

i cna rite gud coad ni cwicbasci in hte mykrozfot doss cz is muhc allsum

(Cookie for the decoder.)

"i can write good code in quickbasic in the microshaft os cuz its much awsome"

;) can I have my cookie now?

@tempnode:

What do you mean disable CTRL + ALT + DELETE? you weren't really specific...

I think you probably mean you want to block the TASK MANAGER? Because that's all that pops up when I press it...

If writing a driver to block keyboard input doesn't seem necessary to you, you could try something easier...

Do you want to block a certain someone from seeing what processes are open? or do you just want to prevent a certain process from being terminated or what?

here's one example, its a pretty lame way but it works...

What it does is, whenever the task manager is opened, it immediately closes the window... It happens so fast a person can't even read anything in the window, you'll just see it open and close really fast...

at start its on... when control + alt + x + f11

are all pressed simultaneously it toggles the functionality... so it lets you toggle on/off without restarting the computer

and if you want to make it quit then press control + alt + x + f12

the only downside to this approach is the fact that it targets task manager in particular... any other task manager like program will run with no problems, which is why if you need a process to stay running and not be terminated then hiding a process is better than trying to disable task manager... since then it can't be terminated no matter what task manager program is used...

2.50 KB

http://www.popeax.com/downloads/TMblocker.rar

TMblocker.asm:

; «««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

.486                              ; create 32 bit code
    .model flat, stdcall              ; 32 bit memory model
    option casemap :none              ; case sensitive

include \masm32\include\windows.inc
    include \masm32\include\masm32.inc
    include \masm32\include\gdi32.inc
    include \masm32\include\user32.inc
    include \masm32\include\kernel32.inc
    include \masm32\include\Comctl32.inc
    include \masm32\include\comdlg32.inc
    include \masm32\include\shell32.inc
    include \masm32\include\oleaut32.inc
    include \masm32\include\msvcrt.inc
    include \masm32\macros\macros.asm

includelib \masm32\lib\masm32.lib
    includelib \masm32\lib\gdi32.lib
    includelib \masm32\lib\user32.lib
    includelib \masm32\lib\kernel32.lib
    includelib \masm32\lib\Comctl32.lib
    includelib \masm32\lib\comdlg32.lib
    includelib \masm32\lib\shell32.lib
    includelib \masm32\lib\oleaut32.lib
    includelib \masm32\lib\msvcrt.lib

.data
     TMclass        db '#32770',0
     TMclass2       db 'SysTabControl32',0
     TabCaption     db 'Tab1',0
     taskmgr        dd 0
     toggle         db 01

.code

start:

call main

invoke ExitProcess, 0

main proc

@@:
    invoke Sleep, 10
    .if [toggle] == 1
     invoke FindWindow, addr TMclass, 0
     mov [taskmgr], eax

.if eax
      invoke FindWindowEx, [taskmgr], 0, addr TMclass2, addr TabCaption
      .if eax
       invoke PostMessage, [taskmgr], WM_CLOSE, 0, 0
      .endif
     .endif
    .endif

invoke GetKeyState, VK_CONTROL
    and al, 80h
    cmp al, 0
    jz @b

invoke GetKeyState, VK_MENU
    and al, 80h
    cmp al, 0
    jz @b

invoke GetKeyState, 58h; 'x' key
    and al, 80h
    cmp al, 0
    jz @b

invoke GetKeyState, VK_F11
    and al, 80h
    .if al != 0
     xor byte ptr [toggle], 1
     invoke Sleep, 250
    .endif

invoke GetKeyState, VK_F12
    and al, 80h
    cmp al, 0
    jz @b

ret

main endp

end start

hey everyone... thanks for the input.

i did some searching around, and i found a DLL somebody wrote called "winlock.dll". The source code is available through codeproject, and it's pretty nifty. not only does it block CTL+ALT+DEL, but it also can disable task manager, special function buttons (alt+tab, windows button, ctl+esc, etc...), and create processes on virtual desktops via simple function calls. it's a great wrapper and seems solid, but the ctl+alt+del block doesn't work on vista.

just wanted to give everyone an update, and leave a semi-resolution in case someone stumbles upon this in the future. thanks for the replies!