recovering password

Brennan

I don't see how you can unencrypt encrypted data without a password to unlock it, but if it just restricts your access based on a mechanism in the drive itself, like the U3 partition software, what would happen if you overwrite that portion of the disk, or forged a new password into the drive somehow?

I never used any U3 drives but maybe someone in the USB hacks section might know how to get around it, if it's even possible at all.

I recall reading an article on a website about u3. It said the encryption chip is restricted, and that if removed, the storage would be destoried

because the encryption chip controls the writing and reading. In  other words, break the chip, loose the data.

In a theroy of mine, one could dump the encryption chip, and extract the contents, but you still need the encryption method.

At any rate, all I can say is good luck.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

have you considered a data recovery company>?

I don't know where your from, but there's one in australia called payam (www.payam.com.au)

thats really good.

maybe you were not considering paying money?

have you considered a data recovery company>?

I don't know where your from, but there's one in australia called payam (www.payam.com.au)

thats really good.

maybe you were not considering paying money?

The problem been if the encryption is implemented properly, a recovery company shouldn't be able to get the data back.