The road to XP

K1u

Kinda old news, Neptune's interesting though, installed it ages ago just to take a look. Good stuff if you're into the evolution of Windows.

Yeah Neptune is cool, but I want to try Whistler or that one with the black GUI.

The black GUI thing is basically an HTML "Activity Center", Neptune was going to basically be a kinda crossbreed between ME, 2000 and what would later become XP along with HTML front ends for certain tasks (much like the common tasks panes in XP's Explorer windows, but full screen).

The black screen you can see on the WinSupersite is a page for dealing with photos, each different set of tasks had a different colour scheme IIRC.

Just read the whole article. I should have realized it was 3 pages before I got sucked it. Man that guy can go on and on. Still though it was a good read. I remember seeing the screenshots back then of the cool blue squares skin and thinking how cool it was. Afaik it's one of the built in skins for window blinds. No clue if anyone uses that stuff anymore.

Just read the whole article. I should have realized it was 3 pages before I got sucked it. Man that guy can go on and on. Still though it was a good read. I remember seeing the screenshots back then of the cool blue squares skin and thinking how cool it was. Afaik it's one of the built in skins for window blinds. No clue if anyone uses that stuff anymore.

That'll be the "Watercolor" theme and it's been recreated in a whole pile of skin formats, WindowsBlinds as you say, and providing you have a patched uxtheme.dll, for regular ol' XP on its own too.

See here for one example: http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=32604