redirecting ip address in windows

billybob

i need to force a ip address to point to a different one on my windows box.

more specifically, i need x.x.x.x:z to connect to 127.0.0.1:z

127.0.0.1:z is port forwarded to x.x.x.x:z though ssh

im doing this becuase i am inside a VERY restricted firewall, the university i go to has almost all ports blocked. i have a ssh sever set up at my parents house and i dont need help with seting up ssh portwarding. i just can not figure out how to make all traffic headed towards a certain ip go through my tunnel

It seems like the way around this would be to run some kind of gateway software on the local computer that conditionally forwards traffic. Problem been that such software would likely brake ssh's port tunneling.

What software is is that you want to tunnel?

it is not a single port i need to forward, but the protocol is able to be tunneled.

i thought that host files mapped domain name to ip , not the other way around. I need a ip adress redirected to another one, not a domain name forwarded to a different ip

actually is is a game that I wish to play, a private verison of a mmo called knight online.

i have sniffed out the traffic and i know that it aways uses the same 10 ports for all traffic, i have confirmed the port list with the admin of the sever.

I thought there was a proxy service for games or a program that could tunnel all your game traffic for you.

Couldn't you use putty to forward or tunnel all the traffic of the game program as well?