Adding an admin from command line

careless223

How easy is it to compromise Server 2003?  

8 members have voted

1. 1.

• Very Hard
    • Hard
    • So-So
    • Easy

If there is an admin account on a local machine, is there any way to create an admin on a Windows 2003 network server from the admin on the local machine.

Basically this is the setup.

There is a server login and a local machine login.

On boot there is the option to boot from the local machine. This option is not available to regular users who have to log into the server. I have an admin account that I created on the local machine but not I need to create one on the network server so that I do not have to make the admin on every computer on the network that I use.

The problem is that I don't have that sort of time.

I have maybe a window of 5 minutes to do this.

Plus I can't get the pass hashes so brute forcing is not an option.

Is there any quick command line command that will make an account on the network?

Window of 5 minutes... okay, can be done. Use this in the form of a boot disc to turn the current admin's password blank. Turn the computer off, then back on, and log in under the admin. From there, quickly create the new user, then shut down.

Should work, but as always, I merely state this as an intellectual exercise. Doing this sort of thing in the Real World can lead to serious trouble.

Ah you see but that is the local machine.

I need an account on the server so that I can log into any computer on the network with full admin privleges.

I already made a little batch file to make the local account.

Even if I were to use a boot CD then I would most definentily get caught.

I know there is a command from the can be executed from the local admin machine that creates a account on the server. I need to loging to the server to do what I want. I would normally do this with a live CD and my laptop but because the time frame is so short, i need a wuick easy wasy that will look inconspicous.

Well, with the usual ways to do it pretty much out of the window for time's sake, there's not a lot that I can think of, unless you manage to find out the CMD line you're looking for. Good luck, and if you get it, could you provide and answer to your question, as this will bug me for a few days now ;)

What exactly do you want to do? Create an admin account on a server you don't already have an admin account (or an account that gives you the privilege that allows you to do that) on? Not taking into account any exploits you might be able to use you aren't going to be able to do that (and I can't imagine the kind of confused thinking that would lead anyone to think that is possible). Are you asking about any exploits that might allow you to create an admin account?

Also what is the point in that poll?