using phone for internet

proskater123

OK Ive heard of many ways to get internet on the go. But there were some things i couldn't believe. For example wrapping a cat5 cable around an cellular phone. I kinda figure this wouldn't work because the phone would have to broadcast its name and you would have to install drivers. Another thing i heard that if you have a razor you can tether it to you laptop and use the Evo on it. If any of these things work can you explain them.

OK Ive heard of many ways to get internet on the go. But there were some things i couldn't believe. For example wrapping a cat5 cable around an cellular phone. I kinda figure this wouldn't work because the phone would have to broadcast its name and you would have to install drivers. Another thing i heard that if you have a razor you can tether it to you laptop and use the Evo on it. If any of these things work can you explain them.
who told you wrapping your phone in cat5 would give you internet access? I've got to meet this guy...

and then sterilize him for the good of humanity.

wy do you wanna use your cell with your computer when you can just use a modem from in your computer, then you can encrypt all the data so that nobody can "sniff" your conversation, even windows itself have a program to call people from your computer all you gotta have is a moden and a phone line, then just get one of those programs to encrypt your calls with other people and you will be good to go

On my Razr I can use a standard USB cable and Motorola Phone Tools. You do have to have the on-phone data service your carrier offers. I have US Cellular with Easyedge.

Speeds vary, but for the most part its right around 128k. Ma be faster for other carriers.

Not the fastest, or good for much of anything major, but I can browse and get my emails when there is no other option.