Review my Site Please

jht129

I have just created a webpage at http://jtprxy.kwixresellers.info/ Please tell me what I can do better to optimize the site, but I am working on that now.  This page will serve as a template for all the other pages of my site. Thanks!

EDIT: I have chosen the third design to be the website, due to popularity. Could you please tell me what I could do to improve it? Thanks!

That is the most spammy domain name i've ever seen. I didn't want to click it at first for the fear of a virus. Anyway...

The first site is my choice out of the two. You obviously didn't create it, so much as you added a logo. Consider using a more advanced image editor for creating your next logo. Anti-aliasing is a beautiful wonder.

The second site has far too much padding/margin at the top of the page.

Try to keep things as simple as they can be for your site. It keeps everything nice and efficient.

@ dhp1080: why is it spammy? I use kwix-host for my hosting and have a reseller account. My username is jtprxy on their forums, so yeah.

@ VaKo: Define SEOish... you mean search engine optimized? And its not supposed to be a personal site.

Thanks for all your help!

Well, unless your end target audience knows very little about computers, you might wanna invest in a real website design instead of a template. Again, use a more advanced image editor to remove aliasing.

I see about your site name, it just looks like something I wouldn't normally want to visit. Something like 'mysite.com' would be a little more professional.

I don't have the funds to invest in a real website design, most people won't be able to tell, well, some people. What is aliasing? I cannot install software for fear of my old system crashing. The site name is assigned to me by my host. I will be getting a domain name in a few months, so I will use the nameservers to connect the domain name to my hosting. That's why i have a redirect. http://networkorb.us.to/ It serves the purpose for now. Thanks! Is there anything else I can improve with the site?

I'd start by making the site validate, neither the html or the css validate:

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validat...fo%2Findex.html

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&am...fo%2Findex.html

The fonts are really pixely in my browser, the aliasing mentioned above is smoothing the edges of fonts and images.

As you are going for fixed width, make it fit 800x600 rather than being just too wide for 800px wide browsers.

I'm trying to find something positive to end on but can't, it isn't that there is anything wrong with it but it just doesn't really work.

I'm trying to find something positive to end on but can't, it isn't that there is anything wrong with it but it just doesn't really work.

That is the most beautifully stated thing ever lol.

Honestly, to make your site better, pay someone to make it better or learn web design. Outside of that, not much you can do.

The coding/validation part, anyone can learn. However, the actual design itself requires artist flare, which not many people can learn to use. The site itself is just boring, looks like a million other template designs you'll see in any google, and it just fades into the background after awhile to be honest.

That is the most beautifully stated thing ever lol.

Thanks, I always try to find something positive to say but sometimes you just can't.

Well thanks, I have taken a web design class so I know html and css. That validation stuff is very... picky and complicated. I will sort that out when I have some time. I am having a problem with the FTP, so I am working that out now.