cycllical copy workaround

nullspace

I am writing some script for a migration backup for about 250 machines. The employees are alla little dumb and save .doc .pdf .... files in all sorts of weird places they shouldn't be so I am searching for and copying them all in c: and want to save them in My documents then copy My documents to the NAS. This is all good except it produces a cyclical copy error, as in it is copying from and pasting to the same place in it's mind.

I have tried an exceptions file with %homepath% but that doesn't work.

Any workarounds. I have already written the script to copy to the NAS instead of the drive itself but I would really like to copy everything to My Documents first.

Thanks

cyclical copy error

Does it say cyclical copy error or cyclic redundancy error?

Not sure if it will help, but maybe it is a disk read/write error your copying from/to or one of the files is bad.

http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_fix_a_cyclic_r...opy_a_file.html

cyclical copy error

Does it say cyclical copy error or cyclic redundancy error?

Not sure if it will help, but maybe it is a disk read/write error your copying from/to or one of the files is bad.

http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_fix_a_cyclic_r...opy_a_file.html

Nah, he means the copy operation would just loop itself... it copies files of [file type] in C: and all subdirectories back to My Documents... which is in C:... so it copies the files that are there back to themselves until the script is stopped.

Just mount a network share as drive Z and back everything up to z:/user_name/My Documents?

I know that. I actually have it backing up to the NAS but wanted to see if there was a workaround. I have tried if conditions and it doesn't help. I think its a no go. Well that data backup works anyway.