Fixing a Broken Backlight

elmer

Recently I accidentally spilled soda on an Acer Aspire laptop. I took off a few panels on the bottom, dried everything with compressed air, and then put it back together. It booted up fine, and the backlight worked for a little bit, but then it turned off on itself. My question is this: Is there any way to fix this broken backlight?

have you checked its connection. some backlights are not soldored. Just those little white connector things (forgot what they are called). You may have nudged it out a bit while dismanteling. And it just fell out later.

Well, I dismantled it again this night, this time looking for any cables that led to the screen. There were only two, one from the WLAN card and the other from the graphics card, both of which were properly plugged in. Unless there are any other ideas, I may en up having to buy a backlight, build a backlight, or buy a new screen. I think I might try building one. If anything happens, I'll let you know.

EDIT: The back light decided to work again. I don't know why, but it just turned back on a few minutes ago.

• 2 weeks later...