The Air Car

digip

I like the second guys motor vs the first car with the big tanks. I think it makes more sense to use it in the places like the fork lifts, etc, to keep inside pollution down in places of loading docks, etc. It just doesn't seem practicle in long distance vehicles, unless a hybrid has a way to recharge the tanks while driving. The cool thing about it though, was that the hybrid could cross the US without the need to fill up along the way. Combine that with an electric car vs a gasoline running car and I think they are on to something. Air to recharge the batteries when they are low, and a compressor to recharge the air when running on batteries. Maybe use the second guys rotary engine to act as the compressor system as well to recharge the air tanks some how.

The only people to get them here (in the United States) would either have to import it or build one themselves. I can see big bussiness using them for forklifts, etc, but thats when everythign is in house, like charging stations to refill the air tanks. WHere are you going to refill the tanks across the U.S.? The U.S.(as is most of the world) is too OIL hungry and even with the selling of hybrid vehicles, they still rely on Gasoline as the main power source, which is still causing problems.

They did say it would reach 100km/h though. Don't know what that means in MPH though.

They did say it would reach 100km/h though. Don't know what that means in MPH though.

1kilometer = 1.5 miles

So about 65 mph tops.