joining domains in vista

uber_tom

Yeah, you need the professional editions for... well anything to be honest. Every time I'm forced to use the home edition it feels like some has taken a chainsaw to the poor thing.

and now he has invalided his XP pro key so he's hosed... all the more reason to pirate Vista Ultimate

I guess the title says it all but I’ll elaborate, I have a vista computer I would like to add to a windows domain (win 2003 DC) this computer was previously a member of a workgroup.  When I try to change the computer name and such it will let me change the workgroup but there is no option to join a domain.

It is vista home addition, is this a Microsoft thing pay more to actually use our os thing? If so how do i get the damn thing to let me login to network drives without it putting the computer name in front of the username.

Yeah, you need the professional editions for... well anything to be honest. Every time I'm forced to use the home edition it feels like some has taken a chainsaw to the poor thing.

and now he has invalided his XP pro key so he's hosed... all the more reason to pirate Vista Ultimate

Do not promote Pirateing, I know they charge way, WAY too much but still.

Do not promote Pirateing, I know they charge way, WAY too much but still.

they charged money to REMOVE features and not add any.... piracy is less of a crime