Sound too quite.

Deags

I connected my PC to my TV. The sound is very very quite. If i were to plug in my headphones it is very very very loud. i used a 3.5mm to rca thingo to do it. Everything is turned up to the max and still not much better.

Is there anyway i can fix this?

I kinda of came up with a solution but i dunno if it will work.

I have an old set of speakers they are a 2.1. The sub/amplifier has 3.5mm jacks for input and output(to speakers) so i was thinking of opening up the sub and cutting its wires and set that up as a bit of an amplifier... or is that a very flawed plan?

DEAGS:  Before you go a splicing into that sub I'd simply check the wiring and jacks maybe even trying out a new jack or cleaning it up.  Also maybe try soldering on a new jack to see if thats the casue of the problem.  If you decide to splice make sure the amp in the sub, if it indeed has one, power outputs can handle the speak draw.  Check the ohms, and amperages out, otherwise bad things can happen, like magic smoke :)  If worse some to worse i'd be willing to ship you out a spare set of PC speakers if you pay shipping.

-PZ

I connected my PC to my TV. The sound is very very quite. If i were to plug in my headphones it is very very very loud. i used a 3.5mm to rca thingo to do it. Everything is turned up to the max and still not much better.

Is there anyway i can fix this?

I kinda of came up with a solution but i dunno if it will work.

I have an old set of speakers they are a 2.1. The sub/amplifier has 3.5mm jacks for input and output(to speakers) so i was thinking of opening up the sub and cutting its wires and set that up as a bit of an amplifier... or is that a very flawed plan?

PC to TV: What jack are you using from the pc to the tv? You say the headphones are loud, have you tried running it from the headphone jack or the line out from the sound card?