Printer recommendations

take it take

Kyocera Lasers Printers, they are the best that i have used, compared to a few others there little more expensive, but when it comes down to an office ive found them to be reliable (not so much the colour lasers though).

The newest that ive brought is a FS-3900DN, and it works nice.

Here's what the specs are showing me:

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controll...p;modelid=14881

What I meant was that I can directly connect an ethernet cable to the printer and print.

Couldn't you do this with any ethernet to usb adapter and keep any existing printers you had?

In my experience most of those little network printer dongles completely suck. I've tried the small inexpensive ones from netgear and linksys and both are horrid. Unless you like manually installing IP print services on client computers I'd stay away. Unless of course you're only concerned about a small home network and are willing to deal with the pain. I'm just saying I've tried them in a corporate environment where the faster you can install a network printer the better.

Darren's Installing Network Printers really really quickly tip:

Win+R, ComputerNameOrIP, Key down to printer or press the first letter of it's name until it's selected, ALT+F, N, Y, ALT+Space, C

Get that sequence down to under 30 seconds and you'll be blowing user's minds left and right. "Don't ask, it's fixed"

In my experience most of those little network printer dongles completely suck. I've tried the small inexpensive ones from netgear and linksys and both are horrid. Unless you like manually installing IP print services on client computers I'd stay away. Unless of course you're only concerned about a small home network and are willing to deal with the pain. I'm just saying I've tried them in a corporate environment where the faster you can install a network printer the better.

Darren's Installing Network Printers really really quickly tip:

Win+R, ComputerNameOrIP, Key down to printer or press the first letter of it's name until it's selected, ALT+F, N, Y, ALT+Space, C

Get that sequence down to under 30 seconds and you'll be blowing user's minds left and right. "Don't ask, it's fixed"

Yes, for the home environment.  Printing within the home network is the main purpose.  How much were the dongles you've used?