Paypal like online bank? Anyone?

kickarse

I'm looking to get an online bank for people to be able to dump their money into when they want to pay me with for freelance work I do. Paypal sucks up a good %2.9 of whatever it is... that can become a VERY sizeable chunk of change.

Anyone know of an online bank that also has a debit/atm card?

When I was investigating the best way to transfer money overseas, I found that Paypal's sub-3% fee was the lowest attainable. Western Union was in the low 4% when the amounts got somewhere interesting, and far more than that when they didn't.

I couldn't find any other place that I would trust with my money.

You're probably better off charging your customers the paypal fee in your own price.

2.9% isn't a huge amount more than normal credit card processors charge. I've set up a few "e-commerce" sites before and those usually charge around 2% if you go for the options with the lower yearly fee which is paid in addition to the percentage. If you want to pay less (like 1%) you usually have to paid a higher fixed fee, which becomes more economical with greater sales volume.