ARC?

hakgipc

ok let me get this straight i have lookied on google for a good 1 solid hour about ARC i dont really get it

my interpritation of ARC is the advanced risc computing and its a path to the kernal on xp(correct if wrong)

1st question is this risc as in cisc and risc

2nd question what really is arc (i only know about that is is a path in boot.ini)

Advanced RISC Computing is a specification promulgated by a defunct consortium of computer manufacturers (the Advanced Computing Environment project), setting forth a standard MIPS RISC-based computer hardware and firmware environment.

sparda wtf this is not english plz explain lol

Advanced RISC Computing is a specification promulgated by a defunct consortium of computer manufacturers (the Advanced Computing Environment project), setting forth a standard MIPS RISC-based computer hardware and firmware environment.

sparda wtf this is not english plz explain lol

Sure it is.

ARC is a specification layed out by a group of manufacturers that no longer exits called the Advanced Computer Environment project. They basically arranged a set of hardware and firmware to make up a computing machine that would that would conform to this platform specification.

This ARC group laid out some specification on how their envisioned system is supposed to work. Part of that specification details how to boot the system, which involves something called an ARC Path as a standard, abstract naming convention for drive paths. Microsoft chose this ARC Path naming convention as the mechanism to use in their boot.ini configuration file.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...ef.mspx?mfr=tru

Take heed of the first line in that linked page (emphasis added):

Windows 2000 uses the Advanced Reduced Instruction Set Computing (RISC) naming convention to define the path to a Windows 2000 installation.