TKAF and Forum Server Dudes (Problem)

ShinmaRyuu

Something is wrong, however I am at the office right now and I'm having to argue with a sys-admin in pigeon German about exactly how you need to configure vzzp nameservers on the fracking node.

I think its either google bot, our friends at level 3 again or the database needs another kick...

I'd be really surprised if it due to a bot... more than likely a problem with your host. php sends a write db request... odbc b0rks for some reason... php tries to request data that does not exist, therefore generates a page that does not exist... 404.....

put the following 2 lines in a file at http://hak5.org/robots.txt

User-agent: *

Disallow: /forums/

that should fix any problems with googlebot or any other bots messing with the forums

have you ever tried that with Slurp (yahoo). Slurp never follows the rules...bad yahoo...bad...

It can be done using the .htaccess file for bots that don't follow the robots rule. Example:

SetEnvIfNoCase user-agent  "Zibber" bad_bot=1

<FilesMatch "(.*)">

Order Allow,Deny

Allow from all

Deny from env=bad_bot

</FilesMatch>

I use this for about, oh, 30-40 bots that I block. A lot of bots don't follow the robots.txt rules and are only interested in harvesting emails and php pages that use things to post messages, like Guest Books and BB's.