3GB RainBow tables

nrahim

guys i saw the episode of Hack .5 where they crack the Lm Hashes.using rainbow tables. and they used the 3gb version.. does anyone know where i can find the 3gb rainbow table.. cause i`ve looked around and all i see are the 120gb or 66gb versions :?

Lets try this again. What about the tables from shmoo group? They were the only tables that I know of that were available before that episode (2x02?). The "alpha-numeric lanman rainbow tables" are a 1.2GB download, which probably, when decompressed, are pretty close to 3GB.

yea i downloaded shmoo's 1.2 tables and am very confused now. I read from their small documentation that i need to decompress it from lzma or something, which i did and am now left with 5 .rt files. I have no clue what to do with them now. I used Ophcrack, and cain and saminside to try to load those rts as rainbowtable files but they arent recognized. Someone should now write a tutorial on how to actually Use the tables once downloaded. BTW, my friend is downloading the 120 gig ones and he is now stuck at 1 kb per second and has 15 more gigs to download. What is the reason for that? Anyway, i presume he would like to know how to decompile the tables into a usable form once downloaded as well, so a tutorial is much needed. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i have LZMA installed on my linux machine.  Does anyone know the proper syntax to decompress the *. lzma archives?

lzma 4. 32. 0beta3 Copyright © 2006 Ville Koskinen

Based on LZMA SDK 4. 43 Copyright © 1999-2006 Igor Pavlov

Usage: lzma [flags and input files in any order]

-c --stdout      output to standard output

-d --decompress  force decompression

-z --compress    force compression

-k --keep        keep (don't delete) input files

-f --force        force overwrite of output file and compress links

-t --test        test compressed file integrity

-S . suf  --suffix . suf  use suffix . suf on compressed files

-q --quiet        suppress error messages

-v --verbose      be verbose

-h --help        print this message

-L --license      display the license information

-V --version      display version numbers of LZMA SDK and lzma

-1 . .  -2          fast compression

-3 . .  -9          good to excellent compression.  -7 is the default.

--fast        alias for -1

--best        alias for -9 (usually *not* what you want)

Memory usage depends a lot on the chosen compression mode -1 . .  -9.

See the man page lzma(1) for details.

I use the 3gb tables stored on my ipod. Works great on the road. I'm still waiting to get a copy of the hak5 community rainbow tables set... Just gotta free up enough disk space and fire up ye old torrent client.

PS: The 3GB rainbow tables won't crack my uber-insecure password. Which is one character; backslash. (Yes, it's so insecure I just give it away)

I use the 3gb tables stored on my ipod. Works great on the road. I'm still waiting to get a copy of the hak5 community rainbow tables set... Just gotta free up enough disk space and fire up ye old torrent client.

PS: The 3GB rainbow tables won't crack my uber-insecure password. Which is one character; backslash. (Yes, it's so insecure I just give it away)

that's one word 'genius'

I have the full Shmoo "alpha-numeric-symbol32-space" lanman rainbow tables (about 64GB uncompressed).  I can get them to load into Cain, but they fail with the following message:

"Charset alpha-numeric-symbol32-space not supported, skipping"

I can get the 5000 and the 10000 Ophcrack tables to work just fine, but I have a few users that are wise to password creation and have some fairly inventive passwords.

Any suggestions on making these work?

Thanks in advance