cloud c2 issues

w416n3r

Hi

I have several issues with the cloud c2 3.1.1 on ubuntu 20.10.

When I log in I have the following problems:

Dashboard is always loading and when I click on "Add devices" nothing comes up. When I log out and want to log in again, "Your cred are not valid." When I restart c2 I come in with the data normally but it doesn't work properly.

Not sure if I follow you in your description of the problems you face, first you say that when I click on "Add devices" nothing comes up then you say If I want to add a device it works. What Ubuntu variant are you using; Server or Desktop? Are you accessing C2 from the same machine or some other PC? What browser(s) are you using? Do you have any addons/extentions/plugins active in your browser(s)? Have you been using/running C2 before 3.1.1 or is that the first version of C2 that you use?

Hi Chrizee

I tried for a long time and finally managed to add the device. Then I wanted to download the setup file and nothing happened.

C2 runs on ubuntu server on a synology nas via vmm. I tried from my mac on the same network (google chrome and safari).Only standard plugins and extentions. This is the first time i installed c2 cloud. 

thanks and kr wolfgang

Hello,

I have tried several things in order to understand the problem.
I tried :
- On a physical server, directly accessible on the internet (in debian 10 without https encryption)
- On a physical server, directly accessible on the internet (in debian 10 without with https)
- On a Windows server, without https
- On a debian 10 behind a reverse proxy

Each time, at random, the server starts to load indefinitely and I have to restart it...

I tried with version 3.1.1 and 3.0.2 ...

Has anyone ever had this problem? Because I don't see where the problem is ...

Thank you in advance for your help

I am having similar issues on an Ubuntu 18.04.5 virtual server - It starts, I can configure user and devices, but after some time the server stops responding, so I restart it. Then I get in "Your credentials are not valid." when I try to log back in using the same account.

I re-installed to get this to recover for a bit, but it returned.

Linux linode 5.10.13-x86_64-linode141 #1 SMP Thu Feb 4 13:56:42 EST 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

errors from "-debug -v"

# ./c2-3.1.1_amd64_linux -hostname xx.xxx.xxx -https -debug -v
info    | 2021-02-23 22:21:53 *********************************
info    | 2021-02-23 22:21:53           C2 DEBUG MODE
info    | 2021-02-23 22:21:53 Only use -debug while actively troubleshooting
info    | 2021-02-23 22:21:53  Using this option impacts server performance
info    | 2021-02-23 22:21:53 *********************************
info    | 2021-02-23 22:21:53 [*] Initializing Hak5 Cloud C2 v3.1.1
info    | 2021-02-23 22:21:53 [*] Hostname: xx.xxx.xxx
info    | 2021-02-23 22:21:53 [*] DB Path: xx.db
debug   | 2021-02-23 22:21:53 [*] DB Version Matches
info    | 2021-02-23 22:21:53 [*] Validating License
info    | 2021-02-23 22:21:53 [*] License Valid
debug   | 2021-02-23 22:21:53 [!] Generating Caches
debug   | 2021-02-23 22:21:53 [!] All Active Sessions Invalidated
info    | 2021-02-23 22:21:53 [*] Running Hak5 Cloud C2
apilog  | 2021-02-23 22:21:54 API ERROR xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:35006 /api/context Unauthorized
apilog  | 2021-02-23 22:21:54 API ERROR xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:35006 /api/status Unauthorized
apilog  | 2021-02-23 22:21:54 API ERROR xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:35006 /api/notifications Unauthorized
debug   | 2021-02-23 22:22:04 Serving Login / Setup

errors from Chome dev tool console:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()
main.b043b68….js:1 out of sync with c2 server
/api/status:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()
/api/notifications:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()
vendor.bc21cba….js:1 ERROR 
e
/api/login:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

thoughts welcome

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also having this issue on ubuntu. Login is rejected but eventually lets me in. After that, devices spin and nothing really loads. Eventually the entire page spins. This happened after adding a device.

Does restarting the process then let you log in?

Restart works for me for a little while, but eventually all logins get refused, and I need to remove the database/re-configure the server.

I think something gets corrupted, maybe from the restarts...

44 minutes ago, darthracing said:

Does restarting the process then let you log in?

Restart works for me for a little while, but eventually all logins get refused, and I need to remove the database/re-configure the server.

I think something gets corrupted, maybe from the restarts...

Yep. Restarting gives me the login page. Rejects it at first but eventually accepts it. Next page spins on loading devices. Later refreshes gives me essentially a whitepage minus the banner at top

I did a fresh install on a debian box (digital ocean), got to the setup. logged in and added a device. 2 min later i could sign in, no pages would load, so i initiated a reboot, checked the status (all was good) but still can't login at all. login window is just spinning.

If I remember the recent discussions on the Hak5 Discord server correct, things mentioned here are looked upon to try to find some fix for it. It seems to be an issue that too many ppl are experiencing to be setup or usage related. Not sure of any status though. I have never experienced these kind of problems, but it might be pure luck.

so i just remembered i had an old vm with and older c2 on it.... i updated it then it did the same thing..... so i just ran service cloudc2 reload and that didn't work... i got really frustrated and just hit up enter up enter up enter up enter and all the suddenly it worked LMAO 

that isn't a techical solution or anything but thought i would share with class it has been running solid for last 3 days now and i even rebooted it a few times without a single issue

Archived