time misconfiguration error? and a couple questions while i have your attention

knockout350

hey im new to the pineapple and just got my mk 7 last month so im still playing around with it but im getting an odd error message. when i hook up the pineapple to my desktop and play with it everything works fine but when i attack it to a battery pack and connect through the management network i get "time misconfiguration error" but it is sporadic. i connect to it with my phone then connect the pineapple to the actual wifi network, i get internet access so it is connected, i sync browser time and everything looks good. the error will go away after the sync but then pops up and goes away randomly. im not sure if it is something i am doing or if it is just buggy being a new release and only on firmware 1.0.2. additionally the interface theme keeps defaulting back to light and never stays on dark when i set it. also what linux is this built on? i needed to install git and ive never used the "opkg" command before and want to brush up on terminal commands if things are different from the systems ive used before (kali, parrot, ubuntu and pi os). thanks

p.s. if anyone has any fun ideas to do with the new pineapple id love the suggestions, i want to play with the MITM stuff but not sure what to really do and i dont really know how to create a portal in evilportals to really do anything with that.

On 2/16/2021 at 9:13 PM, knockout350 said:

hey im new to the pineapple and just got my mk 7 last month so im still playing around with it but im getting an odd error message. when i hook up the pineapple to my desktop and play with it everything works fine but when i attack it to a battery pack and connect through the management network i get "time misconfiguration error" but it is sporadic. i connect to it with my phone then connect the pineapple to the actual wifi network, i get internet access so it is connected, i sync browser time and everything looks good. the error will go away after the sync but then pops up and goes away randomly. im not sure if it is something i am doing or if it is just buggy being a new release and only on firmware 1.0.2. additionally the interface theme keeps defaulting back to light and never stays on dark when i set it. also what linux is this built on? i needed to install git and ive never used the "opkg" command before and want to brush up on terminal commands if things are different from the systems ive used before (kali, parrot, ubuntu and pi os). thanks

p.s. if anyone has any fun ideas to do with the new pineapple id love the suggestions, i want to play with the MITM stuff but not sure what to really do and i dont really know how to create a portal in evilportals to really do anything with that.

To install git first open the terminal then do

1) `opkg update` once it’s updated do 2) opkg install git git-http ca-bundle.

After the git has installed you can use it normally, the ca-bundle is for if your cloning private repos..

On 2/18/2021 at 12:25 PM, Mental said:

To install git first open the terminal then do

1) `opkg update` once it’s updated do 2) opkg install git git-http ca-bundle.

After the git has installed you can use it normally, the ca-bundle is for if your cloning private repos..

yeah i got it installed ive just never used the "opkg" command before and was wondering if that was just exclusive to the pineapple or if this is a version of linux im unaware of because ive always used versions of "apt".

Archived