mk7 disconnect from c2 server (or internet) when starting pineAP from C2

funky1983

Hello

so i registered my mk7 to the c2 v3 and all looks fine, i can see it online on the c2, but when i try to turn the pineAP on from the C2 the mk7 device goes offline and i cant reach it unless i connect directly to it and remove the config file......

and same happens if i reboot it..... it just wont go back online.......

any one else have this issues?

thank you

quick update.....

the my mk7 is connected via Wi-Fi to my lan, and connected to my computer (although i shared the network connection it does not get internet via the usb c). 

on the c2 cloud my mk disconnects even if i dont do nothing after 30 min it will disconnect from the c2 cloud and the only way to get back at it is to go to its management ip, remove the c2 config file, and reboot it............

i did a fresh installation of the c2 cloud v3 and it keep happening..... 

next step is to reinstall the mk7 firmware.....

any idea will be welcome im losing my mind over it....

thanks

got offline few minutes after my provisos post, 

it might be connected to this: i cant get the 

Time Misconfiguration

Connect to a network or sync the browser time.

to disapear... i sync browser time, i manually update the time zone,  and even tough i am connected via wifi client mode (for some reason it wont get network from my pc even after i shared the connection to it) and it wont go away... maybe its all connected?

If you run the `date` command on both your WiFi Pineapple and the server running Cloud C2 - are they the same?

You also said that you have your WiFi Pineapple connected both to your computer and your LAN via WiFi, yet you are not providing the WiFi Pineapple with Internet access from the computer. Is this computer connected to the WiFi Pineapple via USB-C also the Cloud C2 server?

If the WiFi Pineapple disconnects from the Cloud C2 server, does it reconnect after a few minutes?

What do the server logs on the Cloud C2 server show after the WiFi Pineapple disconnects?

After the WiFi Pineapple disconnects from the Cloud C2 server, has the date changed, and can it still ping the server running Cloud C2?

thank you for replaying darren, i appreciate it......

but you are throwing a lot on a newbie here......

so first thing first - i run the date command and i get the same time and date but one in in utc and the other is gmt.... (server in Germany and im in the middle east).

i suppose i didn't explain myself well enough, my mk7 is connected via the c-usb to my pc, and although i shared my lan connection on windows with the pineapple it wont get connected to the internet, so my only option was to connect via the wifi client mode to my home wifi....and only then i could install modules get updates etc. while all this time even if im connected via wifi  (not to the c2) its seems to have a problem with the time sync...... it keeps showing up - i press sync browser (chrome) and i press sync manually and nothing.....

the wifi pineapple does not go back online after going offline once.......unless i restart it manually 

i followed your video step by step when i installed the c2 cloud...... and it works fine.....but i dont know how to pull those logs........

and regarding your final quastion, i have no idea about, i didnt see date chaneging and i can log in just fine to the c2 server and interface

hopes it helps you help me 🙂

I have been summoned.

Yes, this could be the symptom of an issue in the 1.0.1 release of the WiFi Pineapple MK7 release. As funky1983 mentioned, you can fix this by uncommenting Line 13 in /usr/bin/handle_usbeth on the device.

This fix is already lined up for a 1.0.2 release - although we have no ETA for that at the moment.

Archived