No recon results

N0va

Hi guys, new to Hak5 and just received the Tetra. I've installed the newest firmware 2.6.2 which went fine, the dashboard is up and running and I can connect to the router via management interface. However when I attempt to do a recon scan I am getting 0 results for both 2.4 and 5 GHz ranges.. I would appreciate it if anybody could share some light on the situation, perhaps I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance.

May want to do a firmware recovery then test if recon is working.  If so then you can upgrade back to 2.6.2 and see if the recon module is working then.  Could be something went wrong during the upgrade process. 

If you are getting no scan results on a firmware recovery you may want to contact support about the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I have same issue with my TETRA. The Recon module detects nothing  - on the eve of a client site assignment. Shouldn't more rigorous testing be done before each firmware Release? My upgrade to 2.6.2  went according to instructions with no reported issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/7/2019 at 1:21 PM, BlackOp said:

Seems Recon ( under 2.6.2)  is now not showing live updates during scan, but is writing to file - I was guided by  to this solution. That's better than nothing. 

I'm seeing the same thing under 2.6.2 on my Nano, although not consistently. My first scan showed results, since then I haven't seen any in the live feed. It appears to be writing them most scans, but not all.

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP to see if we can get an assist on this one - Having the same issue with no recon results showing when "Live" option is checked. Upgraded to 2.6.2 and Live was working. Went on an engagement and Live view did not work on next boot up.

• Factory defaulted, still broken.
  • Performed firmware recovery to load of 2.4.2, live works.
  • Upgraded to 2.5.2 it breaks.
  • Upgrade to 2.6.2 still broken. According to the release notes in 2.52. this issue was fixed.

Anyone having the same issue and found a fix yet? Another engagement coming up and it would be nice to actually be able to use this on it. Would hate to go all the way back to 2.4.2.

~Help!

On 1/8/2020 at 11:10 PM, Yamabushi said:

BUMP to see if we can get an assist on this one - Having the same issue with no recon results showing when "Live" option is checked. Upgraded to 2.6.2 and Live was working. Went on an engagement and Live view did not work on next boot up.

• Upgraded to 2.5.2 it breaks.
  • Upgrade to 2.6.2 still broken. According to the release notes in 2.52. this issue was fixed.

Anyone having the same issue and found a fix yet? Another engagement coming up and it would be nice to actually be able to use this on it. Would hate to go all the way back to 2.4.2.

~Help!

Is it writing to the scan file?  Or is neither working at all?

Please include firmware version confirming this on as well.

On 1/14/2020 at 11:34 PM, Yamabushi said:

Yes it is writing to the scan file on any scan duration just not showing on the live view. Current firmware is 2.6.2.

Thanks!

Most likely having a firmware issue.  Can try a firmware recovery and upgrade to see if that possibly resolves the issue.

Already done the firmware recovery and updates again to 2.6.2, same problem.

• Upgraded to 2.5.2 , live breaks.
  • Upgrade to 2.6.2 still broken. According to the release notes in 2.52. this issue was fixed in it.

Anyone else having the same issues?

12 hours ago, Yamabushi said:

Already done the firmware recovery and updates again to 2.6.2, same problem.

• Upgraded to 2.5.2 , live breaks.
  • Upgrade to 2.6.2 still broken. According to the release notes in 2.52. this issue was fixed in it.

Anyone else having the same issues?

Yes, I have the same issue. Running 2.6.2 and not seeing any live recon results, but I can find them in the log. It is a 'fresh' install. Haven't used the Tetra before.

Archived