Jump to content
N0va

No recon results

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, new to Hak5 and just received the Tetra. I've installed the newest firmware 2.6.2 which went fine, the dashboard is up and running and I can connect to the router via management interface. However when I attempt to do a recon scan I am getting 0 results for both 2.4 and 5 GHz ranges.. I would appreciate it if anybody could share some light on the situation, perhaps I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May want to do a firmware recovery then test if recon is working.  If so then you can upgrade back to 2.6.2 and see if the recon module is working then.  Could be something went wrong during the upgrade process. 

If you are getting no scan results on a firmware recovery you may want to contact support about the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have same issue with my TETRA. The Recon module detects nothing  - on the eve of a client site assignment. Shouldn't more rigorous testing be done before each firmware Release? My upgrade to 2.6.2  went according to instructions with no reported issues.

 

Edited by BlackOp
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems Recon ( under 2.6.2)  is now not showing live updates during scan, but is writing to file - I was guided by  to this solution. That's better than nothing. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2019 at 12:21 PM, BlackOp said:

Seems Recon ( under 2.6.2)  is now not showing live updates during scan, but is writing to file - I was guided by  to this solution. That's better than nothing. 

Thanks for the heads up on this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2019 at 1:21 PM, BlackOp said:

Seems Recon ( under 2.6.2)  is now not showing live updates during scan, but is writing to file - I was guided by  to this solution. That's better than nothing. 

I'm seeing the same thing under 2.6.2 on my Nano, although not consistently. My first scan showed results, since then I haven't seen any in the live feed. It appears to be writing them most scans, but not all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BUMP to see if we can get an assist on this one - Having the same issue with no recon results showing when "Live" option is checked. Upgraded to 2.6.2 and Live was working. Went on an engagement and Live view did not work on next boot up.

  • Factory defaulted, still broken.
  • Performed firmware recovery to load of 2.4.2, live works.
  • Upgraded to 2.5.2 it breaks.
  • Upgrade to 2.6.2 still broken. According to the release notes in 2.52. this issue was fixed.

Anyone having the same issue and found a fix yet? Another engagement coming up and it would be nice to actually be able to use this on it. Would hate to go all the way back to 2.4.2.

~Help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2020 at 11:10 PM, Yamabushi said:

BUMP to see if we can get an assist on this one - Having the same issue with no recon results showing when "Live" option is checked. Upgraded to 2.6.2 and Live was working. Went on an engagement and Live view did not work on next boot up.

  • Factory defaulted, still broken.
  • Performed firmware recovery to load of 2.4.2, live works.
  • Upgraded to 2.5.2 it breaks.
  • Upgrade to 2.6.2 still broken. According to the release notes in 2.52. this issue was fixed.

Anyone having the same issue and found a fix yet? Another engagement coming up and it would be nice to actually be able to use this on it. Would hate to go all the way back to 2.4.2.

~Help!

Is it writing to the scan file?  Or is neither working at all?

Please include firmware version confirming this on as well.

Edited by Cap_Sig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it is writing to the scan file on any scan duration just not showing on the live view. Current firmware is 2.6.2.

Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2020 at 11:34 PM, Yamabushi said:

Yes it is writing to the scan file on any scan duration just not showing on the live view. Current firmware is 2.6.2.

Thanks!

 

Most likely having a firmware issue.  Can try a firmware recovery and upgrade to see if that possibly resolves the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Already done the firmware recovery and updates again to 2.6.2, same problem.

  • Factory defaulted, still broken.
  • Performed firmware recovery to load of 2.4.2, live works.
  • Upgraded to 2.5.2 , live breaks.
  • Upgrade to 2.6.2 still broken. According to the release notes in 2.52. this issue was fixed in it.

 

Anyone else having the same issues?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Yamabushi said:

Already done the firmware recovery and updates again to 2.6.2, same problem.

  • Factory defaulted, still broken.
  • Performed firmware recovery to load of 2.4.2, live works.
  • Upgraded to 2.5.2 , live breaks.
  • Upgrade to 2.6.2 still broken. According to the release notes in 2.52. this issue was fixed in it.

 

Anyone else having the same issues?

 

Yes, I have the same issue. Running 2.6.2 and not seeing any live recon results, but I can find them in the log. It is a 'fresh' install. Haven't used the Tetra before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

N0va.. Apologize for hijacking your thread, I created a new one to track the live results reporting issue. Hopefully the Hak5 community and support teams can find a resolution to this issue.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...