WTF is going on?

circuitsurfer

@circuitsurfer

There has been discussion about this elsewhere in the forums. It seems to centre on the fact that the latest firmware has brought in a significant upgrade to OpenWRT. This post explains why many community modules are failing and why they are not being fixed as fast as the users of those modules would like....

On 9/16/2019 at 9:38 PM, Foxtrot said:

This isn't an unknown problem, I've announced it in one of the (many) other threads about this issue, but I will state again: Hak5 do not write the community modules for the WiFi Pineapple platform. The responsibility to update them is with the module owner, but we usually will try to maintain compatibility if they break due to an update, as I have done for most of the modules by generating the packages they need.

The packages that these modules rely on used to be in the OpenWRT repos - they are not anymore.

I will continue to try and build the necessary packages when we can, but as these are not official Hak5 modules that ship with the firmware, there is no guarantee when they'll be available.

4 hours ago, aethernaut said:

@circuitsurfer

There has been discussion about this elsewhere in the forums. It seems to centre on the fact that the latest firmware has brought in a significant upgrade to OpenWRT. This post explains why many community modules are failing and why they are not being fixed as fast as the users of those modules would like....

Thank you for the insight Aether, appreciate it.

14 hours ago, circuitsurfer said:

Thank you for the insight Aether, appreciate it.

Like post above, the issue is that community modules have not been updated for compatibility with OpenWRT 19.x in the latest 2.6.x firmware.  The core of 2.6.x firmware seems to be functioning.  @Foxtrot has said in several other posts he is helping with updating the modules as time allows.  The process would go faster if module creators would update them but for varies reasons this is taking some time.  There are documented workarounds on the forum for some popular modules and you can see a list of test modules in 2.6.1 here: 

Archived