Dump Sam Problems

detox420

"Logon to ELEMENTSADMIN$ failed: code 53"

Elements is my computer name fyi

but anyways i always get this error anyway to fix this?

im using DLSS's update (v2) with hacksaw and im using brainkills pwdump,pwservice,and lsaext.dll on a 1GB sandisk u2 cruzer micro2

sorry about the double post i didnt know i should prolly read the forum rules again huh

Well do you have admin rights? Is it a thin client or something similar? Give more information about the system.

yes i have admin rights im running it on a win xp home edition fully updated umm im not sure i can post my "go.bat" if you would like to see that umm any other things you need to know please get ahold of me at

aim/aol:ice4624

yahoo:djice_420

msn:ice4624@hotmail.com

Well do you have the correct permissions to access ELEMENTSADMIN$? Even though you're an admin on the computer that doesn't mean you necessarily have enough rights on the network.

i should im not quite sure i am runnin on a 2wire 1701HG there are 2 computers on this router and i am the second one

Well do you have the correct permissions to access ELEMENTSADMIN$? Even though you're an admin on the computer that doesn't mean you necessarily have enough rights on the network.

i should im not quite sure i am runnin on a 2wire 1701HG there are 2 computers on this router and i am the second one

Well the physical layout of the network shouldn't really matter. Can you access ELEMENTSADMIN$ when you're logged in on the computer?

Well the physical layout of the network shouldn't really matter. Can you access ELEMENTSADMIN$ when you're logged in on the computer?

no i cannot is there anyway i can change the "ADMIN$" to some thing else

no, Admin$ is a windows SD (shortcut to directory), Admin$ is the same as C:Windows (can also not be C: but for me it is :P) pretty much if ur using a network u can be denied this coz of priviliages, though on ur PC u should be fine in accessing this unless as mentioned, ur account is restricted.

If ur just using the payload on the one system not a netowork, then i suggest pointing to C:Windows, instead of Admin$.

no, Admin$ is a windows SD (shortcut to directory), Admin$ is the same as C:Windows (can also not be C: but for me it is :P) pretty much if ur using a network u can be denied this coz of priviliages, though on ur PC u should be fine in accessing this unless as mentioned, ur account is restricted.

If ur just using the payload on the one system not a netowork, then i suggest pointing to C:Windows, instead of Admin$.

and how does one change it from ADMIN$ to C:Windows?

• 2 weeks later...

This will happen on network machines. pwdump is designed to grab the password of machine-level accounts, not domain-level accounts.

pwdump may have some option to specify to access locally instead of via loopback Admin$. Might want to check that

Also, the more recent fgdump may have newer options for accommodating this problem.

ive experienced the same problems,

make sure the server service and remote registry service are running,

it seems that pwdumop defaults to network mode which is probably not desirable when run on the local computer,

may i suggest to the developers that the defaukt should be local computer mode and then network mode ?

why access admin$ when you are on the local machine ?

it should use %systemroot% instead which will point to the same directory.,

ive experienced the same problems,

make sure the server service and remote registry service are running,

it seems that pwdumop defaults to network mode which is probably not desirable when run on the local computer,

may i suggest to the developers that the defaukt should be local computer mode and then network mode ?

why access admin$ when you are on the local machine ?

it should use %systemroot% instead which will point to the same directory.,

may u goto the developers web site and spam them instead?