WiFi Pineapple Firmware v2.6.x Hide Open Wifi does not work

TheFont

if you have connected to the SSID before it will still show up. I updated mine to 2.6 just before defcon and had some minor issues so did a reset after the update even though it was already reset by doing the update. Never had OpenSSID showing up issue though. Try changing the name. 

I made up a never used OpenSSID but it still shows up on my wireless devices. I did a factory reset via de gui and I tried a reset by pressing the reset button for 7 seconds. Both times after reset it still shows the OpenSSID. PineAP is also still disabled and the SSID pool is empty.

I fixed it. I downloaded WiFi Pineapple TETRA Recovery Firmware and installed it via firmware recovery. After that the pineapple started and the OpenSSID was hidden. Then I upgraded to version 2.6.0 via the webinterface. After that I had to reconfigure everything again and now the OpenSSID is hidden.

Ok I got the issue back again but I can reproduce it now. If I goto the filter section and have SSID Filtering set to: Deny Listed SSID(s) it shows the OpenSSID even if ithe checkbox is set to hidden.  If I switch to Allow Listed SSID(s)  the OpenSSID does not show. You can still prevent people from connecting to it by adding it in the Deny filter.

To me it looks like a little bug in the filter @Sebkinne

Archived