I really can't stand #hak5

Duelus

I think theres some people in there that should be a bit more leanent, I mean hell since when does fucking PM'ing certian people get you a fucking ban. Theres a few people who got shit stuck in there fucking pants and need to dump it out. Its only and IRC channel stop getting your panties in a wad and stop being fucking ban happy, well this is probally going to get my fucking banned from these forums to but whatever.

*maybe the OP's should be rotated regularly so people will stop going on powertrips, its happened before and its starting to happen again..*

For the record, he is talking about moonlit and myslef:

just the pms I got from him after Moonlit banned him for randomly posting numbers and being told not to.

Session Start: Sat Jan 13 01:16:14 2007

Session Ident: jdav

[01:16] Session Ident: jdav (~root@jdav.users.hak5.org)

[01:16] <jdav> 68 I are banned?

[01:19] <jdav> 53 -b?

Session Close: Sat Jan 13 01:22:15 2007

Session Start: Sat Jan 13 01:22:31 2007

Session Ident: jdav

[01:22] Session Ident: jdav (~root@jdav.users.hak5.org)

[01:22] <jdav> -b

[01:22] <Manuel> no

[01:22] <Manuel> stop spamming

[01:23] <jdav> I do not understand

[01:23] <Manuel> of course not...

[01:24] <jdav> ?

[01:24] <jdav> -b

[01:25] <jdav> -b please

[01:27] <jdav> -b

[01:29] <jdav> YOU

[01:29] <jdav> -b

[01:29] <jdav> NOW

[01:29] <jdav> :)

[01:44] <Manuel> jdav, are you ready to join society again and play nice?

[01:45] <Manuel> or ar you gonna keep spamming like a bad little spammer?

[01:46] <Manuel> I suppose not?

[01:46] No such nick/channel

Session Close: Sat Jan 13 01:51:00 2007

Yup, I'm with Manuel on this one, that's very likely what jdav (Duelus) is referring to. Thing is, we have lightened up a little because there were a couple of comments about being a little more tolerant of newcomers and to let things a little looser and we were fine with that.

However, the problem here is that jdav (Duelus) could not respect the fact that people were trying to talk and every message he sent was just random numbers.

We do welcome people to IRC, fresh blood is always nice to see* but we also like people to realise that IRC can be a place to have a reasonable conversation with likeminded people and that to decide you're going to interrupt that with non-sensical... well, completely random and pointless messages is nothing short of plain immature.

*jdav (Duelus) is by no means new to the community but I thought I'd drop the point in here anyways since it's obviously a thread about what people think is tolerable in Hak5's IRC channel.

In fact, to make this thread productive and to give those who don't usually visit the IRC to say why they prefer not to and maybe encourage people to use it more, perhaps we could use this as an opportunity for people to speak out about what they think is reasonable in IRC chat.

I think theres some people in there that should be a bit more leanent, I mean hell since when does fucking PM'ing certian people get you a fucking ban. Theres a few people who got shit stuck in there fucking pants and need to dump it out. Its only and IRC channel stop getting your panties in a wad and stop being fucking ban happy, well this is probally going to get my fucking banned from these forums to but whatever.

*maybe the OP's should be rotated regularly so people will stop going on powertrips, its happened before and its starting to happen again..*

Nah, only time I came close to banning you was when you started a completely mis-targeted anti-n00b campaign in the forums. Looking at the logs, I would have kicked you from IRC. Just grow up and realize that life is not your personal playground.