ParrotSec V.S Kali Linux

R3DRUM

On 12/15/2019 at 7:07 AM, b19e said:

Any one played around with

blackwin OS ?

I dont know how i should feel about this..i fell...violated..? But seriously..anybody tested this? If it is what it claims, it might be worth a shot to play around with.

Please report if you gave it a try

4 hours ago, Sizzlik said:

I dont know how i should feel about this..i fell...violated..? But seriously..anybody tested this? If it is what it claims, it might be worth a shot to play around with.

Please report if you gave it a try

I play around with it for about a month, lots of bloat·ware, lots of payed item's. it wasn't bad but wasn't good , ended up putting Ubuntu back on .

On 2/5/2020 at 4:45 AM, b19e said:

I play around with it for about a month, lots of bloat·ware, lots of payed item's. it wasn't bad but wasn't good , ended up putting Ubuntu back on .

My main concern is about if its a legit OS (bloadware or not)..or if it kinda scam OS thats just a very big trojan..

If its a legit OS i would like play around with it..but playing around with it means using some of my real passwords (steam for example, my google account).
I wouldnt use it as my main OS ..i still got a seperated windows and linux machine..but i like to build frankensteins..and if its secure to use my credentials, i will find a stupid reason to use ut, just gor the giggles.

• 3 months later...

I have run both Kali and Parrot.  If you are still getting used to linux and still getting a handle on things from the pen testing side I think kali is the way to go.  Most tutorials and breakthroughs are based around Kali.  That being said you can still use Parrot and get buy just fine.  

Personal i run Ubuntu on my pen testing equipment and customize my tool set from there.  Most folks will never use all of the tools that are on both Kali and parrot.

in the end most of my work is in the terminal since they are all Debian based they are pretty interchangeable.  

• 1 month later...

I have tried both Kali and Parrot and they're both fine at what they're meant to do. However, I feel like Kali is an elegant and refined set of carefully curated tools, whereas Parrot is like a someone just threw everything, including the kitchen sink, into a box because they could, without taking the time to test, thoroughly debug, and check whether or not the tools were redundant or even necessary. And I found the interface of Parrot to be a complete eyesore.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived