Can't upgrade my new Bash Bunny

MidKni9ht

Hi, I just bought my first Bash Bunny and tried to update it to 1.5 release. I read the docs about it, downloaded the updater and started it. Everything is going well, the download ends and the key blinks in red and blue. But once that's done, it becomes solid red and nothing else happens.

My current version (version.txt):   1.3_267

I'm using Windows and don't have any other OS avalible right now.

Thanks in advance for your your help, can't wait to use it!

EDIT:  I have'nt managed to reproduce this "solid Red LED" situation but the problem is that I still can't update the firmware to 1.5. I can access the linux box with ssh, and use some payloads but I'm still stuck in 1.3. When I try to update I get infinite "police patern" and then nothing. For now my BashBunny can be used but not in its full capabilities!

Thank you for your help if anyone knows how to fix it!

Almost similar problem here:

Powering by pluging my BB into an USB 3.0 port (also tried 2.0) on my PC (windows).

When I connect with ssh, check udisk directory I get: "loot, tools, languages".

When connecting as a mass storage I have: "docs, languages, loot, payloads, tools, .gitstore, bunnyupdater.exe, config.txt, README.md, version.txt, win7-win8-cdc-acm.inf"

I'm running bunnyupdater from the root of the USB in arming mode.

17 minutes ago, MidKni9ht said:

Powering by pluging my BB into an USB 3.0 port (also tried 2.0) on my PC (windows).

When I connect with ssh, check udisk directory I get: "loot, tools, languages".

When connecting as a mass storage I have: "docs, languages, loot, payloads, tools, .gitstore, bunnyupdater.exe, config.txt, README.md, version.txt, win7-win8-cdc-acm.inf"

I'm running bunnyupdater from the root of the USB in arming mode.

Interesting, so version.txt always says 1.3? have you tried downloading the file and upgrading without the updater?

https://wiki.bashbunny.com/#!downloads.md

Eeyup! Tried already, also tried to update to 1.4 but same result.

The last time I tried updating the BB 1.3 --> 1.5, the police patern ended after 7min with a Red solid LED for about 2secs, then reboot normaly.

When I checked, "version.txt" didn't change.

1 minute ago, MidKni9ht said:

When I checked, "version.txt" didn't change.

no worries worth a try, maybe the udisk is stuck read only or something? can you read/write to both mounted mass storage and via the bashbunny udisk itself over ssh?

Maybe a udisk reformat (i think thats it) from ssh would clear that up - obvs back that up first if required/possible.

Archived