Galaxy S7 - Forgot Private Mode Pin

Troubled Android User

Hello Everyone!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. It is running on Android version 8.0.0 and Samsung Experience 9.0. I have access to the phone but I've locked myself out of the private mode. Although the pin number can be more digits, I only used four. I'd like to know if I could use the Rubber Ducky USB and brute force my way into it but there are a few concerns…

1) My delay is 60 minutes before I can try another code. Is there a way to bypass the wait time?
2) I have numbers that I like to exclude because I've tried them. What code would I input to skip these numbers?
3) I’m pretty sure the code is between 1000 and 1999. Can I make a section of code to try these numbers first?
4) Is there a way to display the Pin that works or see when the code stops so I have it?
5) I'd also like to know if there's a better way. I've seen ADB as a suggestion but I’m not sure how to use it or navigate to the private folder to pull files.

Thank you for your help!

14 hours ago, Troubled Android User said:

I'd like to know if I could use the Rubber Ducky USB and brute force my way into it

I find the best test is to plug in a keyboard (use relivent usb adapter) and try with that first. IF it can be done once with a keyboard it can usually be repeatewd with the ducky.

5. IF you dont need the data off of the srolen phone :D then reflash it.

Hope that helps a little.

Thanks Just_a_User. First, I know there's no way to prove it but it is my phone and I do want to keep the data inside. Second, I know a little about programming (C, C++, Matlab, Python) but not much. I can connect the phone and computer through the charging cable but I wouldn't know where to go from there. What language to use, what code/syntax to type and one of the biggest things is can I bypass that hour wait time? In the video below at 3:03, I'm not sure if they speed through the time lapse or if the code runs past it. If you have any other suggestions I welcome them. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Troubled Android User said:

If you have any other suggestions I welcome them. Thank you!

You might be ableto do something with ADB, but i dont know, especially if that folder is encrypted. Maybe it shows up through ADB and has option to give root over ADB USB? depends on the developer settings. Using a recent Android build is prob going to make things harder. found this but looks like is old https://github.com/kosborn/p2p-adb

Hopefully someone else who knows a lot more will chip in.

If ya dont want the data on it

Not sure it works for damsung but wat ev

#1 go to fastboot mode

9Cb4om.jpg.8b4a5b545fec82692355cc7d9f0f12dd.jpg

#2 click till you see recovery

#3 hold down power button and continuesly click on volume up

Samsung-Galaxy-Note-2-Recovery-Mode-430x340.jpeg.2ce4f91761b7bc21aeb36989ca3fcf95.jpeg

Youshould see screen above now

#4 select wipe data/factory rezet

Might work some newer models, like an iphone might ask for your email acount.

But its yours so you know it.