Implanting SMS messages

Nimehsib

Hi,
I need someone to help me with an issue I have. I need to show an investigator that it's possible to hack to someone's iPhone and plant text messages in the phone in a way that it looks like these messages have come from a certain person.
I was fired from work after someone went to HR and showed some text messages from me with explicit content and I tried to explain this was not me and I didn't have them on my phone and it's possible to use iMessage and hack to my account and send these messages from computer or hack the iPhone and plant these messages on the phone but they didn't believe me and fired me. Now I like to show this is possible by adding a text message to my own phone from someone else (HR or my boss) and use it to show what I suggested is possible.

Can you guys help?

A

Couldn't you do that by logging into a Mac/PC with your Apple ID and sending an iMessage to yourself?

That would show it's possible to send messages from something other than an iPhone.

Showing that you can send as anyone is a bit more difficult, as you'd basically need to re-create the hack that the hacker used.

Google?

I've shown I can do that (send from my apple to someone else) what I need to show is to show this is possible without hacking to my iphone and by hacking the other iphone. I heard they can backup the iphone then use litesql to implant a text message and then restore that to the iphone. I want to show beside hacking my phone this could have been done by simply doing what I explained above.

That's why I like to add a text message from someone from HR who's been handling my case that simply says "Hey this is Pam saying hello" for example. If I take my phone to them showing this is done they would I hope believe me.

Thanks,

7 hours ago, Nimehsib said:

I've shown I can do that (send from my apple to someone else) what I need to show is to show this is possible without hacking to my iphone and by hacking the other iphone. I heard they can backup the iphone then use litesql to implant a text message and then restore that to the iphone. I want to show beside hacking my phone this could have been done by simply doing what I explained above.

That's why I like to add a text message from someone from HR who's been handling my case that simply says "Hey this is Pam saying hello" for example. If I take my phone to them showing this is done they would I hope believe me.

Thanks,

I can see this being a double-edged sword, as well.

Just be careful.

2 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

I can see this being a double-edged sword, as well.

Just be careful.

Well have nothing to lose at this time! I've already lost my job and this is the only way I may be able to get it back and prove I've done nothing wrong.

Would it not also be plausible that someone obtained physical access to your phone, sent those messages, deleted them from your device, then returned the phone? I dont apple so dont know how icloud etc might backup sent messages.

It just seems like a lot of effort to get you fired. going down the road you are going could just end up with them believing you are someone who sends dodgy messages and a hacker -and still not want to employ you.

Sometimes its best to just learn and move on.

Edited by Just_a_User

20 hours ago, Nimehsib said:

Well have nothing to lose at this time!

Hate to say it, but that's a very silly thing to say.

You've got plenty to lose - and then there's jail on top of it.

13 hours ago, Nimehsib said:

Thanks for the advice, this is not a normal job and we're talking about a lot of money here. I just need to show them this is possible and looking for someone to help and I'll pay for the effort and time he/she needs to put into this, that's all.

If that's what you're looking for I think you've come to the wrong forums as 99% of us don't do that sort of thing.

Hope it all turns out well, though.

14 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

Hate to say it, but that's a very silly thing to say.

You've got plenty to lose - and then there's jail on top of it.

If that's what you're looking for I think you've come to the wrong forums as 99% of us don't do that sort of thing.

Hope it all turns out well, though.

Jail time for implanting a SMS message into my own phone that simply says Hi! Okay then!

On 8/23/2018 at 12:07 AM, Nimehsib said:

Jail time for implanting a SMS message into my own phone that simply says Hi! Okay then!

Context.

You just lost your job because "someone implanted messages on your phone". You're now trying to replicate the exact same thing.

The jail thing aside - even if you do replicate it it only proves it can be done - not that it was done.

For all we know those messages were actually yours, your work colleagues found them and you were fired, and now you're trying to find a way back into your job because..

On 8/21/2018 at 8:03 PM, Nimehsib said:

this is not a normal job and we're talking about a lot of money here

..and you like money.

For all we know.